- Breakdowns that are based on "levels" are defined as:
- Undergraduate (Undergraduate, Dentistry/Law/Medicine).
- Graduate (Masters, Graduate Diplomas and Certificates, Doctorate, Graduate Qualifying).
- Residents and Fellows (Post Graduate Medicine/Dentistry).
- Full-time "loads" includes: full-time, non-resident, thesis full-time, thesis additional session, visiting additional session, thesis evaluation, thesis continuing, full-time away and non-resident exchange.
- Part-time "loads" includes: part-time, Continuing Education, leave of absence, thesis half-time and unknown time status.
- These statistics are headcounts of students, based on their primary curriculum.
- Non-credit activities are no longer included in these reports. There will be a new series of reports developed to capture all non-credit activities separately (such as Farm Management Technology, School of Continuing Studies CEU’s, etc.).
- Canadian residency categories are based on Proof of Citizenship and Proof of residence . Visa breakdowns are based on self-declared citizenship. Note that new students have until the end of their first term to prove their status, and so these numbers may be slightly different compared to end of term.
- Registration statistics are based on annual census data taken on October 15 each year.
- For graduation statistics:
- Counts are based on degrees, thus a student awarded two degrees is counted twice.
- Graduation statistics are based on an Academic Year, which comprises subsequent Fall, Winter, and Summer terms. For example, 2018-2019 = degrees awarded in Fall 2018, Winter 2018 and Summer 2019