Dr. Jenna Gibbs
Musculoskeletal Health; Exercise Physiology; Aging; Osteoporosis; Body Composition and Bone Strength Assessment; Physical Activity Interventions; Energy Balance; Eating Behavior; Nutrition; Women’s Health.
Students interested in pursuing training opportunities are encouraged to contact Dr. Gibbs directly, providing a copy of their current resume or curriculum vitae.
- CIHR Postdoctoral Fellow, Bone Health and Exercise Science Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada
- Ph.D., Women’s Health and Exercise Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, Penn State University, State College, PA, USA
- Honors B.Sc., School of Kinesiology, Western University, London, ON, Canada
- Gibbs JC, McArthur C, Milligan J, Clemson L, Lee L, Boscart V, Heckman G, Stolee P, Giangregorio LM. (2018). Measuring the implementation of Lifestyle-integrated Functional Exercise (Mi-LiFE) in primary care for older adults: results of a feasibility study. Canadian Journal on Aging. Accepted.
- Giangregorio LM, Gibbs JC, Templeton JA, Adachi JD, Ashe MC, Bleakney RR, Cheung AM, Hill KD, Kendler DL, Khan A, Kim S, McArthur C, Mittmann N, Papaioannou A, Prasad SC, Scherer S, Thabane L, Wark JD. (2018). Build better bones with exercise (B3E Pilot Trial): results of a feasibility study of a multicenter randomized controlled trial of 12 months of home exercise in older women with vertebral fracture. Osteoporosis International. In Press.
- Gibbs JC, Giangregorio LM, Wong AKO, Josse R, Cheung AM. (2017). Appendicular and whole body lean mass outcomes are associated with finite element analysis-derived bone strength at the distal radius and tibia in adults aged 40 years and older. Bone. 103: 47-54.
- Gibbs JC, Gagnon DH, Bergquist AJ, Arel J, Cervinka T, El-Kotob R, Maltais DB, Wolfe D, Craven BC. (2017). Rehabilitation Interventions to modify endocrine-metabolic disease risk in Individuals with chronic Spinal cord injury living in the Community (RIISC): A systematic review and scoping perspective. Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine. 40(6): 733-747.
- Gibbs JC, Brown ZM, Wong AKO, Adachi JD, Craven BC, Giangregorio LM. (2017). Measuring marrow density and area using peripheral quantitative computed tomography at the tibia: precision in young and older adults and individuals with spinal cord injury. Journal of Clinical Densitometry. 21(2): 269-280.
- Gibbs JC, Craven BC, Moore C, Thabane L, Adachi JD, Giangregorio LM. (2015). Muscle density and bone quality of the distal lower extremity among individuals with chronic spinal cord injury. Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation. 21(4): 282-293.
- Barrack MT, Gibbs JC, De Souza MJ, Williams NI, Nichols J, Rauh M, Nattiv A. (2014). Higher incidence of bone stress injury with increasing Female Athlete Triad risk factors: A prospective multisite study of exercising girls and women. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 42: 949-58.
- Gibbs JC, Nattiv A, Barrack MT, Williams NI, Rauh M, Nichols J, De Souza MJ. (2014). Low bone density risk is higher in exercising women with multiple Female Athlete Triad risk factors. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 46(1): 167-76.
- Gibbs JC, Williams NI, De Souza MJ. (2013). Prevalence of individual and combined components of the Female Athlete Triad. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 45(5): 985-96.
- Gibbs JC, Williams NI, Mallinson RJ, Reed JL, Rickard A, De Souza MJ. (2013). Effect of high dietary restraint on energy availability and menstrual status. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 45(9): 1790-7.