Currently Registered Students - B.Ed. Secondary Mathematics

Secondary Mathematics advising documents:

Advising documents are divided by year of entry into the program. Select the advising documents relevant to the year you entered the Secondary Mathematics program.

Students admitted Fall 2022

Students admitted Fall 2021

Students admitted Fall 2020

Students admitted Fall 2019

Students admitted Fall 2018

Students admitted Fall 2017

Secondary Mathematics subject area course advising

The below advising material is intended to help Secondary Mathematics students decide the order in which they take their required MATH courses. Students are advised to always pay attention to prerequisites when registering for subject area courses.

These grouping are recommendations only: you are able to take subject courses in any order if you have completed the prerequisites for them. You may find individual courses harder or easier depending on your aptitude and the nature of instruction.

First (in no particular order, except that we recommend students take MATH 222 in their first semester)

Later (the rest of the required MATH courses, ordered from what is likely most accessible to least accessible)

Complementary Courses you can take anytime (i.e. you can take these early on)

Student Advising Support Team:

Susie Vodopivec, Academic Advisor
Grace Wong- McAllister, Academic Advisor
Tabitha Beedle, Academic Advisor

Tel.: (514) 398-4527, Ext. 094692 - Email

Frequently Asked Questions:

Where can I find help on how to use Minerva to register for courses?

Step by step instructions and a tutorial video can be found on this website. In addition, the Internships & Student Affairs office is available to help you with registration difficulties.

When are my field experiences (dates)?

See the overviews above to find the semesters in which you should complete your field experiences. In addition, the start and end dates for all field experiences each year can be found on the Internships & Student Affairs website.

I've written an English exit exam already, do I need to register for EDEC 215?

Yes, the provincial government requires that all students in teacher education programs demonstrate their proficiency in the language of instruction.  More information can be found on the Internships & Student Affairs website.

When do I need to start registering for courses?

Registration for courses for newly admitted students begins in June and ends a couple weeks after classes in the semester begin.  A complete list of registration start and end dates can be found here.

What should I do if I'm having trouble registering for a course?

If you are getting an error such as 'program restriction' or 'reserve closed' when attempting to register for a course, first ensure that you are selecting the section designated for your program (if applicable: see the notes under the course in class schedule search on Minerva).  If you are still having trouble, contact the department offering the course (Educational and Counselling Psychology for EDPE and EDPI courses, Linguistics for LING courses, English for ENGL courses, etc.).  The calendar entry for the course will indicate the offering department.

If I am interested in taking French courses, where do I go to take the French Placement Test?

Information about French courses and the French Placement Test can be found on the French Language Centre website.

Program information is organized for three distinct groups:

Prospective Students   Newly Admitted   Currently Registered

Back to top