October 5-13, 2023
This first edition of the Retail Gen AI Hackathon, powered by ALDO Group, and in collaboration with AWS, was a unique opportunity to work on a real-life problem, and learn how AI and data analytics can help retailers make better data-driven decisions within their operations.
Want to work collaboratively in a fun yet competitive environment to develop innovative generative AI solutions for the ALDO Group’s Data & Analytics Corporate Team?
No need to have previous hacking and coding experience! Coaches and mentors from ALDO Group and AWS will be on-site during the final hacking phase to guide you with your proposed solutions.
- The challenge will be released to registered teams via email on October 5th at 10:00 am.
- Initial idea submission proposals from teams will de due on October 10th at 5pm.
- Final phase participants (10 teams) will be announced October 11th at 3pm and will participate in the live hacking final phase on McGill campus as of October 12th at 10:00am through to October 13th at 2:00pm.
- Final presentations will take place at 3:00pm and conclude with the prize giving ceremony from 5:30-7pm to announce the Retail Gen AI Hackathon winners.
- A great opportunity to innovate in the context of a real AI retail business challenge and validate solutions applied in a live scenario.
- Access to a 2-hour AWS virtual Insights Workshop and each finalist team receives AWS access for the hacking phase.
- Networking and mentoring with ALDO experts, academics, and students from different programs and faculties. AWS experts are available in breakout rooms and virtually for consultations.
- All finalist teams will receive swag, food, refreshments, private event space + breakout rooms at McGill event headquarters.
There is no registration fee. Open to McGill students only.
Registration is now closed.
The creative process