This page features administrative information for SIS faculty and staff. See also Forms, guidelines & policies.
- Cathy Venetico Administrative Coordinator Rm. 102. Contact Cathy for: Building access cards, keys, copy cards, assignment collection (classes over 45), room bookings, payroll questions.
- Kathryn Hubbard Administrative & Student Affairs Coordinator Rm. 101. Contact Kathryn for: student-related questions, e.g. registration & application questions, class lists, exams, marks, classroom needs.
Building & offices
Regular office hours for 3661 Peel is 8:30 – 4:00. Ring bell from 4:00 to 4:30. Access outside of these hours is through card access. To gain access, use your McGill ID card. If you do not have one, the School's General Office will issue you a guest access card for the term in which you are teaching. Please pick up your guest access card when you pick up your keys.
Instructors are each allocated a mailbox in the School at 3661 Peel. Mail from students will be received by the School's General Office and put in your mailbox.
Sessional Lecturer offices
There are two office locations for the School’s Sessional Lecturers:
- In the School at 3661 Peel, the Sessional Lecturer office is Room 207. Phone: 398-3365.
- Room B169 in the Education Bldg is assigned to the School for use by both sessional lecturers and faculty. You can leave materials there, or just use it as a coatroom. If you are using a School loaner laptop for teaching purposes, you can also leave it in this office.
You will be given keys to both these offices by the School's General Office at the beginning of the term in which you teach. A deposit will be required for the Medeco key for Room 207 at 3661 Peel. The deposit will be returned to you at the end of your teaching term when you return the key.
Normally, assignments from students should be received in class by the instructor. However, for larger classes (over 45), arrangements can be made with the School's General Office to accept assignments during a specified time frame and hold them for the instructor to pick up. Each instructor should return papers, memos, etc. to the students in their class in order to preserve the confidentiality of work.
Copy cards (uPrint)
Sessional lecturers are assigned a uPrint resource account and accompanying proximity card. This card will be associated with your teaching.
Faculty members use their McGill ID card to copy and print.
- 3661 Peel: Rm. 106 and Rm. 310 are available for booking when not in use for courses or meetings. Contact any of the SIS administrative staff to verify availability; contact Cathy Venetico to book these rooms.
- Education Bldg.: Rooms can be booked in Education by submitting a room bookings request form, found on the Faculty of Education Room Booking Services page.
- SIS/Graduate IT Lab: To reserve the IT lab, contact Cathy Venetico at 514-398-4204, (ext.0630) or cathy [dot] venetico [at] mcgill [dot] ca.
HR & benefits
HR & benefits quick links for faculty & staff:
- Business travel insurance (HR)
- Professional development fund for eligible academics (Financial Services)
For reference, MURRS is a compilation of general rules based on surveys of McGill University record keeping practices. MURRS link and best practices for email, digital records, scanning, etc.