Welcome to our student-run site for student associations, chapters, and groups at the McGill School of Information Studies.
On this site:
- MISSA - McGill Information Studies Student Association: helps coordinate student activities and ensures that student concerns are made known to the School, the Faculty, and McGill University. Publishes the Beyond the Shelf blog.
- ABQLA - L'Association des bibliothécaires du Québec Library Association Student Chapter: helps SIS students get more connected to the Montréal and Québec library scene, whether for the short term while in school or with a long-term career in mind.
- ASIS&T - Association for Information Science & Technology McGill Student Chapter: brings together student members to participate in information science programs.
- CAPAL - Canadian Association of Professional Academic Librarians: The CAPAL student chapter at McGill provides a community for SIS students interested in academic librarianship, and helps students to become active in the field of academic librarianship before graduation.
- ACA - Association of Canadian Archivists McGill Student Chapter: seeks to foster awareness, advocacy and professional development within a Canadian archival context.
- SLA - McGill Special Libraries Association McGill Student Chapter: made up of students with an interest in corporate information centres, government libraries, etc. or, as they have been called, "special" libraries.
- AMIA - Association of Moving Image Archivists McGill Student Chapter: creates opportunities for SIS students to engage in the study and preservation of audiovisual materials.
- CBPQ - Corporation des bibliothécaires profesionnels du Québec
- LWB - Librarians Without Borders McGill Student Chapter
In addition to groups listed on this site, SIS students are fee-paying members PGSS.