Macdonald-Stewart Library Building
809 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, Quebec H3A 0C1
- Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences
- Civil Engineering & Applied Mechanics
- Manufacturing Management
- Mechanical Engineering
Responsible for providing information services and collections to support the Departments of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, Civil Engineering and Applied Mechanics, and Mechanical Engineering.
- Master of Library and Information Studies, McGill University, 2005
- Bachelor of Arts, English and French Literature, University of British Columbia, 1999
Areas of interest
- Information literacy competencies in science and engineering
- Collection development
- Discovery search tools
- Services for international students
- Chair, 2014-2015, McGill Association of University Teachers - Librarians' Section
- Engineering Libraries Division (ELD), American Society for Engineering Education
- Social Media Task Force
- Engineering Division, Special Libraries Association
- Co-organizer, McGill Library Brown Bag Lunch Series
- McGill Librarian Journal Club
Zhao, J. & Mawhinney, T. Identifying Challenges Faced by Chinese Undergraduate Engineering Students in Acquiring Information Literacy Skills – A Report on Survey Findings. American Society for Engineering Education Conference, Indianapolis, IN, June 15-18, 2014 (Forthcoming).
Barsky, E., Dooley, S., Mawhinney, T., Peterson, Z. & Spence, M. Influence of Discovery Search Tools on Science and Engineering E-book Usage. American Society for Engineering Education Conference, Atlanta, GA, June 23-26, 2013.
Spence, M., Mawhinney, T., & Barsky, E. (2012). How Much is Enough? Examining Computer Science and Civil Engineering Data to Inform Collection Development and Retention Decisions in Three Large Canadian University Libraries. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship 71.
Mawhinney, T. Social Network Sites for Engineers: A Necessary Distraction? Canadian Engineering Education Association Conference, Kingston, ON, June 7-9, 2010.