Eng ScD (Columbia)
suresh [dot] shrivastava [at] mcgill [dot] ca (E-mail)
Professor Shrivastava's specialty is solid mechanics with reference to large-deformation behaviour of structures and materials.
- Buckling of Plates and Shells
- Large Deformation of Membranes
- Orthopaedic Biomechanics related to knee joint replacements and scoliosis of spine
- Large Deformation Plasticity of Metals
- Recipient of the 1993 CEGB prize for the best paper published in the Journal of Strain Analysis (with J. Tang)
- Recipient of the 1989 CEGB prize for the best paper published in the Journal of Strain Analysis (with J.M. Charrier and R. Wu)
- Recipient of the 1983 Volvo Award on Low Back Pain Research (with A. Shirazi-Adl and A.M. Ahmed)
- Shrivastava, S. "Inelastic buckling of rectangular sandwich plates". International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 32, 1995, pp. 1099-1120.
- Shrivastava, S. and Tang, J.. "Large deformation finite element analysis of nonlinear viscoelastic membranes with reference to thermoforming". Journal of Strain Analysis, Vol. 28, No. 1, 1993, pp. 31-51.