Fall 2020 Tax Policy Colloquium at McGill Law: Tax Policy after COVID-19
Co-hosted by Tarcísio Magalhães and Allison Christians, this year's Tax Policy Colloquium explored questions of tax policy after the COVID-19 pandemic.
All talks took place will be held on the following dates live on Zoom, from 16:00-17:30 (EDT/UTC-5).
- 6 October 2020: Prof. Dr. Sérgio André Rocha, State University of Rio de Janeiro. "A World Without Permanent Establishments?" Watch on YouTube or listen on SoundCloud
- 13 October 2020: Prof. Ashrita Prasad Kotha, Jindal Global Law School & Vienna University of Economics & Business (WU). "Earmarking and Tax Treaties." Watch on YouTube or listen on SoundCloud
- 29 October 2020: Dr. Jalia Kangave, International Centre for Tax and Development. "COVID-19 and the Taxation of Wealthy Individuals." Watch on YouTube or listen on SoundCloud.
- 5 November 2020: Prof. Dr. Diheng Xu, Tilburg University. "Implications of China's Claim on Location-Specific Advantages." Watch on YouTube or listen on SoundCloud.
- 12 November 2020: Wura Eyitayo, Dalhousie University. "Reshaping Bilateral Treaties for SDG Implementation in Africa." Watch on YouTube or listen on SoundCloud.
- 19 November 2020: Dean Prof. Leyla Ates, Altınbaş University. "Covid-19 Turkish Tax Policy, Orientations, and Legal Priorities." Watch on YouTube.
- 26 November 2020: Prof. Dr. Afton Titus, University of Cape Town. "The Design of African Tax Policy for the Future." Watch on YouTube.
The colloquium is made possible by a grant from Spiegel Sohmer. The land on which we gather is the traditional territory of the Kanien’keha:ka (Mohawk), a place which has long served as a site of meeting and exchange amongst nations.