Fall 2020 Tax Policy Colloquium at McGill Law: Tax Policy after COVID-19
The Stikeman Chair is pleased to present the lineup for its annual Tax Policy Colloquium. This year, the series, co-hosted by Tarcísio Magalhães and Allison Christians, will explore questions of tax policy after the COVID-19 pandemic.
All talks will take place will be held on the following dates live on Zoom, from 16:00-17:30 (EDT/UTC-5). All are welcome to attend: please register online.
- 6 October: Prof. Dr. Sérgio André Rocha, State University of Rio de Janeiro. "A World Without Permanent Establishments?" Watch on YouTube or listen on SoundCloud
- 13 October: Prof. Ashrita Prasad Kotha, Jindal Global Law School & Vienna University of Economics & Business (WU). "Earmarking and Tax Treaties." Watch on YouTube or listen on SoundCloud
- 29 October: Dr. Jalia Kangave, International Centre for Tax and Development. "COVID-19 and the Taxation of Wealthy Individuals." Watch on YouTube or listen on SoundCloud.
- 5 November: Prof. Dr. Diheng Xu, Tilburg University. "Implications of China's Claim on Location-Specific Advantages." Watch on YouTube or listen on SoundCloud.
- 12 November: Wura Eyitayo, Dalhousie University. "Reshaping Bilateral Treaties for SDG Implementation in Africa." Listen on SoundCloud.
- 19 November: Dean Prof. Dr. Leyla Ates, Altınbaş University
- 26 November: Prof. Dr. Afton Titus, University of Cape Town
The colloquium is made possible by a grant from Spiegel Sohmer. The land on which we gather is the traditional territory of the Kanien’keha:ka (Mohawk), a place which has long served as a site of meeting and exchange amongst nations.