Situated just north of McGill's main campus, Douglas Hall joins McConnell, Molson and Gardner Halls in a residence community that is collectively referred to as "Upper Residence".
This historic residence built in 1936 features dormitory-style, co-ed housing divided into 8 houses, accessed through a common courtyard, or internally via the underground "tunnel".
Lease is for a period of 8 months from September to April.
Fees include electricity, hot water, heating and Internet.
- There is a total of 155 rooms housing a maximum of 179 students in both single and double occupancy rooms.
- Washroom facilities are shared and centrally located on each floor.
- Rooms are furnished with an extra long twin size bed and mattress, desk, chair, dresser, bookshelf, lamp, drapery, wastepaper basket and small fridge.
- The building also has TV lounges, a library, common room with grand piano, and games rooms.
- There is an exposed timber ceiling dining hall in the building. Students living at DH are on the mandatory meal plan and have access to all the dining halls and on-campus restaurants.
- Locked entrance with card reader, day-time porter and overnight security.
- On-site maintenance staff, card-operated laundry facilities, storage and permit parking available.