Shortly after the hall assignment lottery, you will be able to view the building and room type you have been assigned to, on Minerva.
- Specific room numbers are assigned shortly before move-in and you will be advised of your room number when you arrive.
- Prior to checking in to your residence, you will be asked to electronically sign your Quebec Educational Lease including the Rules and Additional Clauses of Student Housing at McGill University.
- We will hold your room reservation until August 31.
- If you expect to receive your student visas after August 15, please notify our Administrative Offices.
- If you fail to retrieve your keys by the aforementioned deadline, McGill reserves the right to relocate you to a similar accommodation.
Temporary Hall Assignment
- We do not limit the number of applications we receive and when the demand exceeds our available inventory of rooms, we work with external housing partners to find accommodations for all students.
- If you received a Temporary Assignment status in Minerva following the Residence Lottery, your residence accommodation is secured.
- Details of your residence assignment will be finalized and communicated in Minerva in the following few weeks.
- You may be assigned to either one of our McGill residences or to our contracted third party residence. Be sure to regularly check your account in Minerva for updates on your housing assignment.
- While we aim to accommodate every student's preferences, this will not always be possible.
- If you are unhappy with your residence hall or room assignment, you may request a hall/room change after you have moved in and have had a chance to see what your hall/room is really like.
Room hall change request form. Please note that no hall or room change requests will be processed until all students in temporary rooms have been moved to their permanent rooms. The cost associated with a hall/room change is now $200.