Frequently Asked Questions

What is the cost of the program ?

The tuition fee information can be found here.

At the above link, you will find tuition costs and fees per semester. These fluctuate based on annual adjustments to the fees and charges. *

For Quebec residents, the fees are approximately 900.00* CAD per course, therefore approximately 4500.00* for the whole certificate. 

For Canadian residents living in Quebec, the fees are approximately 3 000.00* CAD per course, therefore approximately 15000.00* for the whole certificate. 

For Canadian and International residents, the fees are approximately 3800.00* CAD per course, therefore approximately 19 000.00* for the whole program.

*Please note that international students may opt out of paying the International Health Insurance.

Five courses are required to complete the program.

How do I apply?

The online application can be found here.

If you require assistance, please contact [at], we will be happy to answer any questions.

In which languages can I follow the training?

Courses are given in English and French.

Are there academic credits associated with each course?

Health care professionals that have successfully completed the five courses of the program will receive a post-graduate certificate and 15 university credits. Each course in the program provides 3 credits.

How does an online course work ?

Participation in online courses is primarily asynchronous. Course contents can be accessed at any time, from anywhere with an internet connection. The pedagogy is similar to seminar-type classes, wherein the learner evolves in a semi-structured constructivist learning process. Learners work independently on weekly modules and readings designed for analysis, questioning, researching and reflecting. Learners collaborate on certain assignments and discussions as is normally the case in a traditional learning context. The course is designed to facilitate a maximal interchange of ideas and a rich, interactive dialogue among professionals. All useful information will be available on the website in various forms: scientific content, audio-visual documents, hyperlinks, videos, case studies, tests and more.
The tutors will conduct the pedagogy and manage the class.

Each learner will be asked to:
a. converse with peers and the instructor
b. take part in discussions
c. ask questions and offer answers
d. become familiar with research papers

How many hours a week will a course require?

The time required to read, analyze, study, and complete modules and assignments will depend on the learner's level of commitment, time management and overall motivation. The amount of time spent on a course will therefore fluctuate from learner to learner. Students surveyed have reported spending an average of  4-7 hours per week during the 13-week semester.

Do I have to be connected to the Internet at a specific time?

No. Since the courses are asynchronous; you don’t have to be connected to the internet at the same time as the instructor or classmates. You carry out your work autonomously.
You will only be asked to connect at a specific time in the event that the instructor organizes a chat session. In that case, it would be possible to address questions or comments to the instructor, who is able to field them in real-time.
In the case of group assignments, it will also be possible to work synchronously, if this method is more convenient for you.

Is there a way to discuss specific topics with other students?

Yes. Group discussions will resemble the round table or forum format, in which you have access to all previous messages posted by the other learners or the instructor(s), and where you can post a comment, question or message at any time to keep the discussion going. Tutors may employ various strategies to facilitate discussions with and among their class.

Can I contact the instructor privately?

Yes. The instructor will supply an email address at which he/she can be reached at. Telephone hours will also be specified at the beginning of the course.

Can I obtain a course extension?

Yes. A course extension is possible with the instructor's permission. If you request an extension it is important to first confirm with the instructor and Student Affairs Coordinator whether the extension will impact your timeline for program completion and/or your ability to register for the next course in the training sequence.

What if illness or a serious problem prevents me from working on my course for several weeks?

In such a case, the instructor and the Director of Graduate Studies, should be notified and provided with a doctor’s certificate. A request should be made to either ask for a leave of absence or a withdrawal from the course. Contact the Student Affairs Coordinator to confirm the necessary steps, forms, and approvals.

Can I repeat a course?

Only one repeat is allowed. You must send in a request to the Office of Graduate Studies and you will be required to pay certain fees to rewrite an exam. If you fail this exam or another course, you will have to withdraw from the program.

What should I do once I have been admitted to a course?

The Student Affairs Coordinator will contact applicants informing them of their successful admission and the course starting date. Each student will receive a welcome package with an access code and password giving him/her access to the website for the relevant course.

What if I want to drop my course and fail to inform the program director before the course drop deadline?

The final grade of "F" will appear on the course transcript and no tuition refund will be possible.

What type of administrative document will I receive on successful completion of one or more courses?

A graduate certificate will be granted following the successful completion of all five courses of the program. Each course will also be noted in your transcript.

What if I find that my course does not suit my needs and I wish to withdraw?

Any request to withdraw from a course must be made in writing by submitting an electronic form to the program Director. An official withdrawal from a course will result in a “W” on the transcript. If a person stops attending a course without officially withdrawing, he/she will receive the grade of “F”.

Can I receive a refund if I cancel or withdraw from a course?

Yes. A partial refund of tuition fees will be provided in case of official withdrawal before the deadline.

Back to top