McGill IT Services
- IT for Students - guide to student IT resources on IT Services page
- myMcGill - portal to McGill information systems such as Minerva, myCourses, and email
- myCourses - McGill's learning management system
- uPrint - campus printing for students
Labs & workstations
- Computer facilities are available in library locations across campus. For more information on locations of facilities and real-time availability of individual workstations, please visit the McGill Library Computers, software & equipment page.
- Email Policy: McGill University has instituted a policy that establishes McGill email as an official means of communicating with students to ensure timely and efficient communication. It is your responsibility to ensure that time-critical email sent to your McGill email account is accessed, read, and acted upon in a timely fashion. See: Policy on Email Communication with Students
- Accounts: Students at McGill are given a 50 GB mailbox on Microsoft's Exchange Online (Office 365) server and a McGill email address. See: Email for Students (Knowledge Base article).
Software available through McGill
- McGill Software Site: McGill has acquired site licenses for a few software applications. These are available to students at no charge. For more information and to download software, please visit Software Licensing (Knowledge Base article) or the McGill Software site for students.
- McGill Computer Store: Students with a valid McGill ID card may be able purchase computer equipment and software at a discount from the McGill Computer Store.
- Microsoft Office: Current students can install Microsoft Office apps on personal computers and mobile devices at no charge. For more information, please visit Office 365 (Knowledge Base article).
- Citation Management Software: The McGill Library Citation guides provide instructions for downloading and using various citation management tools.
- VPN: Students may set up a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection to access McGill's restricted sites and resources from off-campus. See: Virtual Private Network (VPN) (Knowledge Base article).
- WiFi: McGill provides wireless connectivity on its campuses, residences, and shuttle buses. For more information on setting up connections to McGill's wireless networks, see: Wireless Network Connectivity (Knowledge Base article).
- eduroam: Students may use their McGill log-in credentials to access wireless Internet on the campuses of participating institutions (e.g. Concordia, Université de Montréal). See: eduroam - Roaming Wireless Authentication Service (Knowledge Base article)