Welcome to the professional development page! On this page you can find links to sites which will assist in expanding your professional interests within the archival community. As well, links to jobsites in Canada, the U.S. and internationally are listed.
- The ACA provides professional leadership and represents the needs of the archival profession. Services for students include a mentorship program, reduced conference rate and networking opportunities.
- ARCAN-L is provided for the discussion of archival issues and interests of particular relevance to Canadian Archives and archivists. It provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and information amongst Canadian archivists and their colleagues in other countries. It is an unmoderated list. (Arcan-L Website)
- Archivaria, the journal of the Association of Canadian Archivists (ACA), is devoted to the scholarly investigation of archives in Canada and internationally. (Archivaria)
- The Canadian Archivists Blog
- The intention of this community is to provide a venue for the discussion of all things archives. The Canadian Archivist Blog hopes to bridge the communication gap between the curious, local community volunteers, students and professionals. It is a forum for open discussion where questions, concerns, advice, and ideas may be presented. (Canadian Archivists Blog)
- Librarians, Archivists, Conservators and Curators
- Job Futures is a career tool to help you plan for your future. It provides useful information about 226 occupational groups and describes the work experiences of recent graduates from 155 programs of study. (JobFutures)
- Job offers from the National Library and Archives of Quebec (Bibliothèques et Archives Nationale du Québec - BANQ). In French.
- Job offers from the Quebec Archives Association (Association des archivistes du Québec - AAQ). In French.
- AABC On-line Job Board
- Archives Association of British Columbia (AABC) job postings. Centered around jobs in British Columbia.
- University of Toronto
- The site lists positions within library and information science, museum studies, archival studies, records management and information systems. Put out by the University of Toronto's Faculty of Information. Mainly Canada, with some U.S. and International. (FIS)
- Young Canada Works
- Young Canada Works (YCW) offers students and young graduates the chance to put their skills to the test, build career equity, earn money for their education or get started on the right career path. Must be between 18 and 30 years of age.(YCW)
- Archives and Records Management
- Links to archival and records management resources on the internet.
- LITA Jobsite
- Job postings from the Library and Information Technology Association. Mainly U.S. Includes some postings outside U.S.
- Combined job postings from Library Jobs on the Internet and lisjobs.com
- VRA Opportunities
- Job postings from the Visual Resources Association (VRA). VRA is dedicated to furthering research and education in the field of image management within the educational, cultural heritage, and commercial environments. (VRA)
Multiple Country Jobsites
- FIMS JobWeb
- The JobWeb lists professional job postings and employment resources in the fields of journalism and library and information science. All postings listed are sent directly to FIMS by employers. Put out by University of Western Ontario's Faculty of Information and Media Studies. (FIMS)