The Department of Microbiology and Immunology offers TA positions opportunities on a term basis. Teaching Assistant positions at McGill are unionized and available to graduate students only. For more information about the TA union visit the AGSEM website.
The fixed hourly rate is $33.03. In addition, a 4% vacation indemnity will be added to your hourly rate.
Available Positions and Application Guidelines
In order to be considered for Teaching Assistantship, please ensure the following steps are completed entirely and on time.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Internal applicants are McGill employees who currently hold an active contract at McGill University.
- Refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for Internal Candidates) job aid for complete step-by-step instructions on how to apply as an internal candidate:
- Internal applicants are to apply within Workday by typing Find Jobs in the search field.
- External applicants are applicants who do not currently hold an active contract at McGill University. This also applies to applicants who held contracts in the past, and do not currently hold an active contract.
- Refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for complete step-by-step instructions on how to apply as an external candidate:
- External applicants are to navigate to the McGill External Career Site and create a Workday Candidate Home Account.
- Please create your Workday Candidate Home Account with your personal email address. Do not create your account with a McGill email if you have one.
- Applicants must use their legal names when creating their Workday Candidate Home account.
According to the new regulations every course coordinator must meet with his/her TAs and discuss the workload as well as detailed functions that the student will be performing during his/her appointment. The workload form should be signed by the instructor and the student before the end of the add/drop period. All later changes made to the agreement between the course instructor and the student should be included in the revised workload form and resubmitted. The student and the instructor should keep one copy each; one copy will be filed in the student employee record and another will be sent to Human Resources.
Documents and Forms
- AGSEM Collective Agreement 2017-2018
- Personal Data Form
- TA Workload form
- Union Membership Form
- Invigilator Application Form