For detailed information concerning tuition and fees, please refer to McGill Student Accounts' Graduate Fee Calculator.
The DCL program typically requires two years of full-time residency (meaning that "DCL 2" and "DCL 3" years satisfy the residency requirement). Following the residency requirement of two years, students must register on a full-time basis for one more year ("DCL 4"), before continuing on as PhD Additional Sessions students. Students are subject to fees up to and including the term of graduation (e.g. PhD Additional Sessions and PhD Thesis Evaluation terms).
Students in the LLM programs must complete a minimum of 3 full-time terms (e.g. Fall, Winter, and Summer) and 45 credits in total in order to satisfy the residency and program requirements. In calculating "annual" fees for a year of three or four terms, LLM students will need to adjust the fees listed to include an additional 15 credits/full-time residency term. In addition to the 3 full-time residency terms, students are subject to additional fees up to and including the term of graduation (e.g. Additional Sessions, Thesis Evaluation terms, Non-Thesis Extension terms).
Estimate your annual expenses with McGill's Scholarships & Student Aid Office's Calculate your costs page.
Citizens of France and the French Community of Belgium
- Effective as of the Fall 2015 term, an agreement between the French and Quebec governments allows French citizens registered in a degree program to be exempted from the international tuition fee supplement. Please click here for additional information.
- Effective as of the Fall 2018 term, an agreement between the French Community of Belgium and Quebec government allows francophone Belgian students to be exempted from the international tuition fee supplement. Please click here for additional information.
How to use the Graduate Fee Calculator (link)
1. Select your Residency from the drop-down list:
- Quebec - if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada and you are a resident of Quebec
- Non-Quebec Canadian - if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada and you are a resident of a province other than Quebec
- International - if you are an international student
2. Select the appropriate Academic Year or Term from the drop-down list
3. Select your Program from the list:
- Master’s Full-Time if you are a newly admitted LLM student
- PhD Full-Time if you are a newly admitted DCL student
4. A quote for the annual fees for the selected status and academic year will display. (Please also read the fine print at the bottom of the quote.)
Fees and tuition vary according to the residence and citizenship status of the student, and some countries share agreements with Canada regarding these. For complete information and a list of countries participating in these agreements, please refer to External Differential Fee Waivers for international students.