Le Réseau d’expertise en droit est une façon originale et enrichissante pour vous, comme diplômé(e), de partager vos connaissances, votre cheminement personnel et votre expertise professionnelle.
This form contains six sections and completing it should take no more than 10 minutes. Your answers can be saved as a draft, so you can edit them before submitting the form. The information you enter will be used solely by the Faculty of Law for the purpose of matching you to the right students and Faculty events.
Please use the Next Page and Previous Page buttons to navigate the form.
Description of our various involvement opportunities
- Alumni mentor: Share your advice on academic success, careers, work/life balance and diversity issues with a student who wishes to connect with a mentor. Read our Alumni Mentor Guidelines to find out more.
- Connect with exchange and summer students: Every year, the Faculty sends 60-70 BCL/LLB students on exchange to its partner universities, including Sciences Po, University of Hong Kong, University of Melbourne, etc.. Students also pursue summer internships and positions across Canada and around the world. Meet with them for coffee or show them around!
- Career development activities: Whether you work a few streets away or would like an excuse to visit Montreal, join us for a Career Day, networking cocktail or workshop; act as a resource person for an industry, or participate in a club’s speed meet. Our students’ diverse career interests cover every area of law and type of practice, including non-law options.
- Course Lecturer: Whether is it to join a class as a guest lecturer, or to teach a Focus Week Workshop or a Law elective course*, come share your expertise with the next generation. Join our pool of volunteer alumni lecturers and help prepare students for legal practice. *If you are interested in teaching a course, visit our web site for available course lecturer positions.
- Moot coach: Every year, students are selected to represent McGill Law at Canadian and international mooting competitions. Join our pool of volunteer coaches and help prepare the next generation of lawyers for the courtroom.
- Admissions Ambassador: Share your McGill Law experience and perspective with newly admitted students and help them choose McGill's Faculty of Law. Meet with prospective students when recruitment activities are taking place near you.
- McGill Law internship partner: Supervise students who will obtain credits within your organization through the Legal Clinic Program, the Centre for Human Rights and Pluralism human rights internships, or a required internship as part of a Majors program.
- McGill Law employer: Are you looking to take on McGill Law summer or part-time students, articling students or recent alumni? We would be happy to help you advertise your opportunities via myFuture.