Educational opportunities at the Institute include a variety of activities: two Medical and Health Sciences Education elective programs for medical students, residents and all other students in the health professions in the Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences who are considering a career in teaching or academic medicine; a Master of Arts in Educational Psychology, with a focus on the health professions; a Meakins Fellowship, which is awarded on an annual basis to further and/or reward excellence in HSE; an Educational Award from the Medical Class of 1970; and a Faculty Scholarship from the Class of Medicine 1974.
In the area of education and capacity-building, the Institute:
- Supports and develops educators and leaders in HSE and HSE research
- Designs and delivers graduate programs in HSE (starting with our collaborative Master’s degree in Educational Psychology with a concentration in Health Professions Education (https://www.mcgill.ca/edu-ecp/programs/healthprofessions/overview)
- Provides opportunities for all learners in the Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences to participate in an elective or scholarly endeavor related to HSE or HSE research
- Engages in capacity-building, with a major focus on research and scholarship, for the benefit of all faculty members
- Encourages the uptake of new evidence and “best practices” into HSE through the dissemination of evidence-informed educational practices and capacity-building