Social and Healthcare Services

Social and healthcare services for seniors fall under provincial jurisdiction. Your local Health and Social Services Centre is your gateway to all taxpayer supported services. A social worker will be assigned to the senior so that the senior may get access to the services. There is usually a waiting list for a social worker.

Below, you will find some useful resources. It is not meant to be an exhaustive list of providers, nor are these providers endorsed in any way by McGill University. The list is meant to provide you with a starting point as you search for and compare services. 


For seniors

Resources for Caregivers of Seniors

Back to top