environmental safety office

Using a survey meter

A radiation survey meter is used to detect moderate to high energy beta, gamma and x-ray radiation. This kind of meter is unable to measure low energy radioisotopes like tritium (H-3). The unit is...

Radioisotope Permits

Researchers must possess an internal McGill Radioisotope permit to acquire, store and use radioisotopes at McGill University. To receive a permit, you must complete the Radioisotope Permit...

Radiation Safety Training

There are 4 types of radiation safety courses. ...

McGill Radiation Safety Manual

Radiation Safety Manual Version 6.0.   For inquiries regarding hazardous waste disposal Hazardous Waste Management x 5066

Non-Ionizing Radiation

With laser light, the radiofrequencies (including radar and microwave), along with infrared and visible light, and the ultraviolet regions of the electromagnetic spectrum are commonly considered to...

Purchasing Radioisotopes and Meters

At McGill, researchers who wish to purchase radioisotopes need a valid up-to-date McGill Internal Radioisotope Permit. For further details, contact the Radiation safety officer at local 2245.


Back to top