Access a Global Community of Investors
This program, in partnership with Investissement Québec, is designed to help Dobson startups raise capital for their businesses.
Throughout this program, you will connect with an international ecosystem of investors, business experts and government trade partners with the aims of securing funding and business development opportunities that will drive the growth of your startup.
The program will focus on expansion across North America (East and West coasts) and Europe.
Apply now to gain access to a global community of investors who are devoted to helping the next generation of entrepreneurs grow their businesses.
“This program gave us the opportunity to pitch our business to investors on the West Coast and in Europe. We made great connections and received amazing feedback from an impressive panel of investors including one of the original Dragons from Dragons’ Den BBC. We are looking forward to continuing our conversations with them as we close our seed round this summer.”
Duration: Fall and Winter | Stage: Funding
Program Dates: September 2022 to March 2023*
The International Pre-Seed Funding roadshow consists of two parts:
- Funding Clinic comprising of the
• Funding Clinic & Refresher
• One-on-one coaching and mentoring
• International Strategy Lab
- International Startup Roadshow in-person events welcoming investors
and business community
MONTREAL | SAN FRANCISCO | BOSTON | NEW YORK | LONDON
• Live Demo Days
• Investor Panels / Pitch presentations
• 1-1 investor meetings.
*Dates are subject to change.
Part 1: Funding Clinic
A. Funding Clinic and Refresher
Developing a roadmap to improve funding outcomes:
|Sep. 6 -16||
B. One-on-one Coaching with VC's
|Oct. 3 - 7||
C. International Strategy Coaching
Developing a roadmap for international market expansion:
Part 2: International Startup Roadshow*
International Startup Roadshow Launch - Montreal
Hosted at McGill University, this special event will welcome Montreal’s investment community and startup ecosystem.
|Oct. 11 - 15||
International Startup Roadshow - San Francisco
Hosted in Silicon Valley, this special event will welcome San Francisco's investment community and startup ecosystem.
|Oct. 27 - 28||
International Startup Roadshow - Boston
Hosted in Boston, this special event will welcome Boston's investment community and startup ecosystem.
|Nov. 10 - 11||
International Startup Roadshow - New York
Hosted in New York City, this special event will welcome New York's investment community and startup ecosystem.
|Feb. 27 - Mar. 3||
International Startup Roadshow - London
Hosted in London, this special event will welcome London's investment community and startup ecosystem.
*Dates are subject to change.
2022 Applications are Now Closed
Ideal Participant Profile
- You have successfully completed the McGill X-1 Accelerator Program and/or the McGill Dobson Cup within the last five years (since 2017)
- Your startup can demonstrate significant milestones achieved, with strong early traction in the form of pre-seed funding and paying customers
- You are currently pursuing a round of fundraising that is tied to specific measurable business goals and have an interest in developing opportunities in the U.S. and in Europe
- Your startup is incorporated and headquartered in Canada.
- You can commit to attending all the workshops and the international tour
- Dates are subject to change.
- Only one delegate from your team will represent your startup at International in person events, and will be required to have legal travel documentation and meet any public health guidelines related to travel
- For all in person events taking place at McGill, participants will be required to follow the McGill guidelines and policy on vaccine passports.
Have questions about the program? Email us at dobson.mgmt [at] mcgill.ca for more information