What is The McGill Dobson Cup?
The McGill Dobson Cup powered by National Bank and hosted by the McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship is McGill’s flagship startup competition that enables emerging McGill entrepreneurs to compete for over $150,000 in prize money.
There are 4 Tracks in the McGill Dobson Cup: Innovation Driven Enterprise, Small & Medium Enterprise, Social Enterprise, and Health Sciences
McGill Dobson Cup teams will also benefit from the opportunity to present their ideas to a panel of world-class entrepreneurs and judges who will offer guidance on how to move their ideas forward.
1. Arkangel AI: Arkangel is a health guardian design to prevent chronic diseases. It’s like Siri for health. We use AI to automate a medical program developed at the US. Center for Disease Control to prevent diabetes.
2. Axon: We’re building a $1000 portable brain imaging scanner for point-of-care diagnosis in ambulances, field hospitals, sports teams, and patient rooms.
3. BetaSense: We are a dynamic team that aims to tackle invasive problems in nuclear medicine and give them a Non-Invasive solution to enable personalized medicine in a greater number of clinics.
4. C-Marker: C-Marker is a composite disclosing agent that was developed at Professor Tamimi’s lab at the Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University. C-Marker is a new material that will help dentists identify the margins of white fillings and facilitate their complete removal without removing sound tooth structure.
5. Compos Mentis: We are an AI-powered digital platform aiming to improve recovery outcomes of people living with mental illnesses.
6. Denovogen: Denovogen is a biomedical technology company focused on the design and commercialization of innovative medical devices. Our first product aims to improve communication and visualization in the surgical theatre.
7. eRA Rehab: Harnessing the power of smartphones to create a strong ecosystem between customers and clinicians to enhance the recovery process.
8. FluoID Inc.: FlůID Inc. is dedicated to developing non-ionizing molecular imaging methods (without radioactivity) reducing the time and costs associated with advancing potential clinical candidates to studies in man.
9. Gynoteck: Gynoteck is a leading innovator in medical diagnostics, preventative, and treatment methods for women’s health. We aim to personalize medicine as every woman is different.
10. LFANT: LFANT is a company dedicated to the development of safe, reliable, and readily available commercial kits for the self-administered detection of STIs in the interest of public health and awareness.
11. MicroPredictome: MicroPredictome aims to create licensable AI algorithms to predict the risk of different gastrointestinal diseases based on sequencing data from the bacterial population of the human gut.
12. Modus Inc.: Modus Inc would be a cutting-edge facility capable of developing and validating affordable blood-based biomarkers for brain diseases (much like Ancestry.ca tests saliva for DNA) and provide a report on the degree to which one is destined for AD – Yes, No and how much. Continuing to research methods, discoveries or techniques from Life Sciences to bring to commercial markets.
13. nplex biosciences: We are developing the next-generation of protein-based blood tests. Our platform promises to unlock unprecedented efficiencies in drug development, biomarker discovery, and ultimately, precision medicine.
14. Tracheo-Sure: Tracheo-Sure aims to revolutionize endotracheal intubation for airway management by creating a surgical device to improve speed, efficiency, and patient safety while reducing overall healthcare cost and improving medical education.
15. VitalTracer Ltd.: VitalTracer is a medical smartwatch that measures all vital signs continuously, including cuffless blood pressure. Our mission is to provide quality solutions that accurately capture vital signs to keep users alert and aware of their health at all times. Our solutions will revolutionize the relationship between patients and caregivers by creating an easy and accurate way to track, record and share all measured parameters.
1. 3.D.E: 3.D.E is an additive manufacturing company that focuses on applying 3D printing technology to address challenges of affordability, availability, and accessibility of prosthetics and educational model kits in low resource settings in Zimbabwe.
2. Avantage Emploi: Avantage Emploi will address higher than average refugee and asylum seeker unemployment as well as Quebec’s severe labour shortage by matching these newcomers with employers and providing the necessary support.
3. Avocadeau: “Grubhub for home-chefs! And we are ecologically friendly!” For health-conscious and green consumers who want to save time and maintain a healthy diet. We provide an online catering marketplace where users order from nutritional supported home chefs!
4. B3D Performance Inc.: B3D Performance specializes in additive manufacturing (3D printing) using metal powders. We develop instrumentation to monitor the powder quality to reduce production costs and minimize the impact on the environment.
5. Buy Your Own Bulk: Buy Your Own Bulk (BYOB) is a non-profit organization which goal is to provide affordable organic or fair trade dry foods to the McGill University community while reducing waste production.
6. Canadian Peer Support Network (CPSN): The CPSN is a non-profit organization aiming to implement Peer Support Centres across Canada to improve the mental health services available on university campuses by empowering students to help their fellow peers.
7. Collectif Commun’Art: Collectif Commun’art is a Non-Profit Organization promoting young promising artists and donating all funds to a special art therapy program, “Espace Transition”, created by the Ste-Justine Hospital for children affected by different mental illnesses. We host an annual silent auction of photographs, sculptures, paintings and digital art.
8. CommunityConnect: An app that addresses the resource disparity of donatable goods by connecting the general public with vulnerable members of the local community.
9. Educational Mentorship and Scholarship Forum (EMSoF): EMSoF provides firsthand and reliable information that helps Nigerian students secure scholarships in reputable foreign institutions of learning, thereby achieving their academic dreams.
10. Farmarvest: Farmarvest is an agriculture-focused start-up that leverages crowdfunding to allow anyone from anywhere to choose rural farmers to partner with and profitably invest in agricultural projects in rural Africa.
11. HAi-Bridge: HAi-Bridge advances knowledge and innovation by investing in the youth. It accomplishes this by providing a conducive learning and research environment that forge change-makers
12. KayaCare: Kaya ChildCare was set up to provide the hardworking Kayayoo mother with the option to get the needed development for her infant in the critical formative years of a child’s life; from age 0 to 5.
13. Liaisons: A multifaceted social enterprise providing consulting services to community organizations and SMEs. Our consultants are skilled professionals – mostly newcomers – with prolonged unemployment/underemployment who simultaneously participate in Liaisons integration programming.
14. LocalThreads: LocalThreads is a B2B web services that strives to provide a streamlined medium for connecting five main takeholders of the creative process in fashion: designers, retailers, manufacturers, wholesalers and suppliers.
15. Ma MobiClinique: Ma MobiClinique will be the first mobile and smart paediatric care unit in Montreal, Quebec, offering primary and secondary care to children.
16. MealCare: MealCare decreased food waste and food insecurity by diverting surplus food from food vendors, and delivering it community organizations through a volunteer-led, low-cost and sustainable model.
17. Mechtech App: Mechtech is an app that was conceived with the aim to connect large-scale and small-scale farmers whilst solving problems both parties encounter in the agricultural sector in Africa.
18. Mini-Cycle: Mini-Cycle knows the value of durable and ethically made clothing. We sell new and preloved kids clothes and guarantee to buy it all back, thereby creating a closed-loop circular economy.
19. Monstrash: Monstrash is a creative augmented reality app that unifies masses of eco-friendly pedestrians into an avid litter pickup task force through tangible environmental impacts and an exciting gameplay experience.
20. Panthalida Technologies Limited: Panthalida Technologies Limited was established in July 2018 in Kenya with the goal of leveraging Information and Communication Technology to provide services that support businesses and efficient farming practices.
21. PDT Food Depot: PDT food depot redistributes surplus food from food producers to communities and organizations in need.
22. Photizo Language Services: Photizo English Services is an English tutoring company that partners with international Japanese companies to offer English tutorials to over 1500 employees over the course of 3 years.
23. Photofund: Photofund provides creative services to the Montreal community. We generate opportunities for students to gain practical experience in photography, videography, and design, while also providing financial donations to local charities.
24. Piccles: Piccles is a collaborative coloring experience that lowers anxiety, relieves boredom, and fosters connection by engaging people in the cathartic act of coloring.
25. Portail Residences: Portail Residences is an Airbnb type web platform for privately owned senior homes. Its main mission is to facilitate access to health care lodging resources for elderly people.
26. Rebicycle: Rebicycle is a social enterprise that sells custom upcycled bicycles. Through the sale of Rebicycles, we provide refugees with affordable transport and sustainability-oriented start-ups a venue for their promotion.
27. Safe Kasupe Limited: Water is not the source of life, it is life. At Safe Kasupe Ltd, we provide affordable clean water to eradicate negative social and health consequences of using unclean water.
28. SokoMtaani: SokoMtaani leverages mobile technology to create a digital marketplace that revolutionizes how local farmers connect with city markets.
29. Solergy Systems: Solergy Systems is specialized in the implementation of solar energy projects on remote locations and off-grid sites. We want to use solar power to build and support a better world.
30. SURIV: We are reinventing the way people donate by making in fast, gratifying and by maximizing the impact of your donations where it matter most to you. The best thing is that you can track your impact along the way and see how you and the community are making a difference!
31. Thriving Age: Our mission is to help retirement homes become thriving communities where residents realize their greatest human potential through intergenerational experiences, continuous personal development, and community building.
32. Turbodega: Turbodega is a software management tool that builds a network of small grocers in emerging countries and tracks their daily-sales in real time to provide them: 1) lower cost of goods, 2) access to fair working capital lines of credit, and 3) data-backed business advice.
33. UsToo: UsToo.Care anonymously and securely matches survivors of sexual violence based on aggressor or location. Curvivors can collaboratively work with legal representation or police investigators, and access mental health professionals.
34. Vehx: Vehx provides student art talents with portfolio showcase, professional networking and peer learning services. From traditional arts to digital designs, Vehx is your number one choice for highly customized artworks.
35. Yonja: Poor sanitation is a major setback to development. Yonja is here to provide the missing link between waste management service delivery companies and households for efficient, affordable and quality services.
1. 2ndHelp: Transport newly purchased second hand items hassle-free
2. Antemode: Antemode is an ethical and sustainable fashion e-commerce platform, bringing all the best conscious fashion brands in one integrated shopping experience. Finally, shop according to your values.
3. BumpN: An integrated platform enabling Bars & Nightclubs to engage with their customers, providing the customers with many experience enhancing features and venues with highly actionable insights on their customers.
4. Casa 88: Casa 88 is a meal service business based in Montreal. It provides home-cooked food using our unique recipes. We offer 8 meals per week for a price of $65-$72
5. CHK PLZ: CHK PLZ is a mobile payment application that streamlines the billing process at bars and restaurants, allowing customers to split items and pay the bill directly from their smartphone.
6. DawaSwift Technologies Inc.: DawaSwift is a web and mobile-app based software platform that offers real-time, on-demand and pre-scheduled pharmaceutical product delivery to customers whenever they need them from wherever they are by connecting them to local pharmacies and local drivers. From within the platform, customers can choose non-prescription items from a pharmacy or upload their prescriptions to the pharmacies’ ‘inboxes’ after which they choose to accept or reject an automatically generated bill from the pharmacy, then DawaSwift drivers pick up the product at the pharmacy and deliver the product to customers
7. E-Meks: E-Meks provides an inexpensive functional food product in different processed forms to rural households in Nigeria.
8. Eco Discuss: Eco Discuss is a software Startup providing smart and evolutive chatbots to green companies helping them gain more efficiency in their processes and increase their sells.
9. foodscout: With foodscout, users can discover a wealth of culinary experiences and order and pay ahead for pickup or from their table for sit down meals.
10. FYT: FYT is a content creation platform for fitness influencers that allows their users to participate in monthly challenges involving live or on demand workouts through a mobile app.
11. GEEK-it: We are an online community platform and a geek culture convention dedicated to bring local communities to the web. Our core service is to enable unique retailers and artists to showcase their products to the public online and offline.
12. Hearth: Hearth aims to improve student life and experiences by providing them with services to find their perfect housing and roommates. This simple application will strive to make housing search easy.
13. Host a Pet: Host A Pet is a marketplace that connects pet owners with certified Hosts that can offer up to six services. Our goal is to generate trust in our clients and good relationships to nourish a community and create a second family for these pets.
14. Khaos: At Khaos, we are dedicated to helping companies and creators tell stories. To start, we are building fully functional turnkey rentable studio spaces for podcasting, video recording and livestreams.
15. Luna: Luna is a nightlife social media mobile application that allows users to know what their friends are up to and discover all the excitements that their city has to offer.
16. Mache: Mache is an innovative catering company that provides corporate events with food from local restaurants and producers, offering a unique service to guests and organizers.
17. Maxime Black: Maxime Black is a creation studio for ready-to-wear menswear clothing. It aims to create technical, practical and comfortable clothing embellished by our craftsmanship and use of exclusive fabrics.
18. MiNutrition: We are a nutrition company developing an easily accessible online app that provides a subscription service to a platform which connects competitive athletes as well as recreationally active individuals with our team of certified sports nutritionists.
19. NoteBinge: NoteBinge is an eCommerce marketplace that provides economic opportunities for students, while bettering the academic experience of others, by delivering top-tier quality lecture notes to its subscribers at student-friendly prices.
20. Out of the Box: For parents, who are eager to bring their children’s development to full potential, the “Out of the Box” is a set of 14 scientifically designed, interchangeable, early development toys.
21. Quokka Reward Limited: Quokka is an employee’s recognition and rewards platform tackling high staff turnover, low motivation at job in business by offering perks, recognition badges, loyalty program, milestones and challenges embedded in blockchain-based network
22. Restoply: Restoply is a marketplace that enables hungry consumers to save money on food by taking advantage of restaurants’ slow times.
23. ShuttleControl: ShuttleControl is a Software-as-a-Service designed to revolutionize the way courtesy shuttle services are offered around the world. We offer an all-in-one solution to increase customer satisfaction and make shuttle operations easy.
24. Slickk: Slickk is a platform that directs its users to hairstyles that are likely to suit them given their physical characteristics, along with the information and products necessary for them to achieve these styles.
25. Starting Blox: Starting Blox is the perfect snack energize you. With its innovative ingredients, this layered block covered in decadent carob chocolate will win your heart and help you win your day.
26. Storage Fellows: Storage Fellows offers affordable and bespoke full-service storage for students, including pick-up and drop-off, by leveraging volume-based pricing and a student workforce.
27. UBI Beef Inspection: UBI is a unique meat inspectors network for international meat trade that assures quality, tackles down Food Waste and improves Food Safety, working at half the price of competitors.
28. Ugly Harvest: Ugly Harvest produces nutritious and delicious dehydrated soups using ugly and non-conforming produce to tackle the issue of food waste.
29. Underwear Worker: Traditional job hunting is pooped. Work is now everywhere, anywhere, especially in one’s underwear. Join this remote movement. Become hired by the best. Find your worldwide calling.
30. Upward Pets: Upward Pets is the first upcycled pet food business on the Canadian market. We help conscious consumers nourish their pets and the planet with sustainable treats made from upcycled food.
31. Vins Prose: Vins Prose plans to develop, import, package and market a range of canned wines for distribution in Quebec grocery and convenience stores.
32. Way with Words: Way With Words as a lifestyle boutique agency provides young Chinese-speaking communities with a one-stop online platform that accesses to various local activities and events.
33. YourCourses: YourCourses aims to provide university students an open platform to share their experience on courses they took and thus help future course-takers to better prepare for their courses.
34. Yuma: Yuma is a service that offers meal plans at your work. When you need personalized meals delivered to your workplace at the best price, Yuma doesn’t take it as a joke.
1. 2ship: 2ship is an innovative way to simplify the shipping process for businesses by eliminating the 3PLs and making the process two-party based, while increasing transparency and reducing market inefficiencies.
2. Biots: A company that produces alga rich in organic essential amino acids.
3. Cannafish: Cannafish aims to work with fish farmers, valorizing their waste using a unique bioreactor technology and worms to produce a biological hydroponic solution to grow a wide variety of crops.
4. Chatler Technologies Inc.: Chatler is on a mission to innovate the way we interact and buy from businesses on mobile devices. Using chatbot technology, Chatler brings the conversation into mobile commerce.
5. ChitoDry: ChitoDry makes novel biodegradable environmentally compatible materials from crustacean waste, creating with Nature in mind for a better tomorrow.
6. CoTeacher: CoTeacher is an AI-Powered content generation engine for the E-Learning industry
7. Cupp: Cupp is an AI powered question & answer platform for retaining company knowledge and accelerating employee onboarding. Ask a question, we send it to the right people in your organization. Answer a question, we reward you.
8. Current: Current is a predictive hiring analytics tool that leverages organizational and individual employee data to help companies build better cultures and hire better employees.
9. DigiAdChain: For advertisers and publishers, who look for a secure, fast, and transparent marketplace to trade directly, DigiAdChain is a reliable, efficient, and anti-fraud marketplace that bypasses middlemen using AI-Blockchain Technology.
10. Dispersa: Dispersa focuses on developing novel technology that harnesses the power of oil-degrading bacteria to present an efficient, 100% biodegradable, and low-cost solution to address oil contamination.
11. First Mark: First Mark creates software for film sets to run digitally, safely, and with less effort, so that production teams focus on what matters – making great films, series, commercials, and shows.
12. Galdun Green: Galdun Greens’ initial target market will consist primarily of dairy farmers within the Quebec region. The health condition of cattle, and the other factors which influence either dairy production or growth, are usually assessed visually by farmers. Major issues with this approach is that they’re relatively subjective process, and the efficiency of keeping tracking of a large herd is difficult.
13. Interius Farms: Offering a solution to stabilize volatile Canadian produce prices and make the Canadian food system more sustainable, Interius Farms uses novel vertical farming techniques to grow on-site with clients year-round.
14. Lab Practice VR: A program that teaches laboratory experiments in virtual reality. This aims to equip students with adequate knowledge of an experiment via an interactive walkthrough designed for lab courses and programs.
15. Lightbeans Technologies Inc.: Lightbeans Technologies Inc. (“Lightbeans”) is a Quebec City-based tech startup specialized in the field of 3D product visualization. Through its advanced technologies, Lightbeans allows manufacturers, distributors, retailers, designers, and architects to present their products or projects remotely on the web, in augmented and virtual reality, with an enhanced level of realism.
16. LitView: LitView aims to be the starting point for every academic project by offering the most efficient online literature-review platform. We want students to search ideas – not keywords.
17. MIXONSET Inc.: At MIXONSET, we are changing the way people listen to music with innovation… our Robot DJ app lets listeners create personalized high-quality music mixes automatically.
18. Next Up: Next Up revolutionizes the shareholder engagement process by offering a forum-based platform where stakeholders can discuss, ask questions, organize and act on issues concerning corporations.
19. Observe Agriculture: Observe Agriculture is a Montreal-based AgriTech startup founded by students from McGill University. Our first product is a modular crop quality sensor.
20. OneSpot: OneSpot is an IOS application that gives users a retrospective view of their lives by recording and analyzing every possible moment no matter the significance, because often times the moments that are forgotten were those most worth remembering.
21. Rokulo – Connected Mining Technologies: We create innovative machine learning and drone technologies to help mining companies of all sizes attain the next level of production efficiency, and transition into a more digital, connected and lower-carbon future.
22. SCBY: At SCBY, we are the catalyst promoting Change Champions for sustainability by manufacturing and supplying a cruelty-free leather alternative.
23. Spentra: Spentra is a cleantech company that creates innovative, proprietary processes for the sustainable and affordable manufacturing of bioplastics.
24. Yellow Co.: The infamous magic internet money, Bitcoin, is spawning a truly open financial system for everyone, anywhere. Finally, we have the easy way to buy bitcoins, and store them securely for future rainy days. Hop on!
The teams that make it past the Semi-Finals will be invited to the Finals round of the competition, scheduled to take place on March 27th, 2019. The competition will culminate with the McGill Dobson Cup 2019 Awards Ceremony, taking place on April 4th, 2019, where over $150,000 in seed funding will be awarded to the most promising startups.
Get your tickets for the Awards Ceremony now to find out who wins – tickets sell out fast!
How to apply
The McGill Dobson Cup begins with the submission of two documents:
An application form and a 5-page startup plan (due by January 16, 2019)
Rounds of pitching and judging in the Semi-Finals (February 19-22, 2019) and Finals (March 27, 2019).
Winners of the McGill Dobson Cup will be announced on April 4, 2019 at the Awards Ceremony.
Applications are now closed
- Deadline: 11:59 PM EST Wednesday, January 16, 2019
- Read guidelines: 2019_mdc_guidelines.pdf
- Note: Your team does NOT need to be a registered company to enter to compete in the McGill Dobson Cup. However, IF your team ends up making it to the FINALS on March 27, 2019 AND win prize money, only then will you have to register your company. Prize money will only be paid to registered companies with bank accounts in Canadian funds with no exceptions. If your company is not registered please visit www.incorporate-in-canada.com for help.
The Dobson Chronicles for news on the McGill Dobson Cup.
How do I win?
Judging will focus on innovation, viability, and growth potential - as presented by the teams.
Who can compete?
At least one founder of the company must have a McGill affiliation, meaning enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate program or post-graduate certificate program, hold (or have held) a staff, faculty or postdoctoral position, or McGill alumni. If the sole McGill affiliation on a team is a McGill alumni, they must have graduated no later than January 2009.
Other FAQs and Resources
Other FAQs as well as resources to help you compete in the McGill Dobson Cup 2019 powered by National Bank, can be found in this PDF:
- Suggested Guidelines for Crafting Your Pitch Deck
- Business Model Canvas
- Social Business Model Canvas
- Crafting Your Value Proposition Statement
- Highlighting the Market Opportunity (TAM SAM SOM)
- Competitive Positioning
- December 3, 2018- January 16, 2019 – Registration and five page startup plan due
Workshops & Events
- January 10, 2019 - What it takes to win the McGill Dobson Cup
- January 30, 2019 – McGill Dobson Cup 2019 Welcome Reception
- February 7, 2019 – McGill Dobson Cup Workshop #1 – How to pitch your startup
- February 14, 2019 – McGill Dobson Cup Workshop #2 – Startups Financials & How to raise money
- February 19, 2019 – Qualifying Health Science track teams pitch to judges
- February 20, 2019 – Qualifying Social Enterprise track teams pitch to judges
- February 21, 2019 – Qualifying Small & Medium Enterprise track teams pitch to judges
- February 22, 2019 – Qualifying Innovation Driven Enterprise teams pitch to judges
- March 27, 2019 – All tracks pitch to judges
- April 4, 2019 – McGill Dobson Cup Awards Ceremony
Prizes to be Won
Winning teams across all tracks in the McGill Dobson Cup are awarded over $200,000 in prizes. The competition embodies experiential learning at its best and provides students with invaluable feedback, mentorship and networking opportunities. While prize money is great, no matter what the outcome, you will benefit from helpful recommendations to help grow and advance your business ideas. In addition, you will meet other like-minded entrepreneurs at McGill and develop your personal and professional skills.
Health Sciences, Social Enterprise, Small Medium Enterprise and Innovation Driven Enterprise Tracks powered by National Bank:
- 1st Place in each Track - $20,000
- 2nd Place in each Track - $12,000
- 3rd Place in each Track - $8,000
Amount: $160,000 awarded in total across all 4 Tracks by National Bank
Mastercard Foundation-Dobson Startup Awards
Established under the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University the MCF-Dobson Startup Awards supports ventures competing in the Social Enterprise track of the McGill Dobson Cup. The awards will be offered to viable, sustainable, and scalable social ventures and community projects that create economic opportunities for others. More information >
Valued at a total of $23,000, this award will be given to three deserving teams competing in this year’s startup competition, who demonstrate innovative ideas in the areas of social entrepreneurship. The award will be divided as follows:
- 1st Place MCF-Dobson - $15,000
- 2nd Place MCF-Dobson - $5,000
- 3rd Place MCF-Dobson - $3,000
Murdoch Family Initiative Award
Established by Neil Murdoch (BCom‘81) and Gisele Murdoch to help support undergraduate students in the Desautels Faculty of Management to take the initiative to gain practical experience during their studies and to encourage students to be creative and entrepreneurial. The award will be for a student, in good academic standing, who has demonstrated entrepreneurial talent and initiative and is involved in an entrepreneurial venture. Students apply through the McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship. Preference for the award will be given to students entering U2 or U3. Students will apply for the award by submitting business plans to the McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship. The award will be given to the student whose plan is judged worthy of support as determined by the Director of the McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship. The recipient of the award shall be selected by the Director of the McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship. The recipient for the award will be selected by the Director of the McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship. It is understood that the process and method for selection is currently the McGill Dobson Cup competition, which already has a committee of independent judges.
The McGill EngInE Prize
Established in 2017 in the Faculty of Engineering, the McGill EngInE Prize, funded by our generous donors Jim and Barbara Brodeur, is offered by the McGill Engineering Innovation and Entrepreneurship hub (the McGill EngInE) to support a technologically-based venture competing in the final round of the McGill Dobson Cup competition. To be eligible for the McGill EngInE Prize in the McGill Dobson Cup, at least one team member must have an affiliation with the Faculty of Engineering (i.e. current full-time student or professor).
The Food and Agribusiness Convergent Innovation Prize
Convergent Innovation fosters individual behavior change and societal transformation by instilling social and environmental objectives of agriculture, food product development, nutrition, and health into business models, while improving economic viability of efforts focused on social benefit. Established in 2016 under a partnership between the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (FAES) and the McGill Centre for the Convergence of Health and Economics (MCCHE), the Food and Agribusiness Convergent Innovation Prize is offered to support a venture, in the areas of agriculture, food and agribusiness, that clearly intertwines technological innovation, social innovation, and institutional innovation to simultaneously derive measurable economic and social benefit(s). In 2018, Trussbridge joins FAES and MCCHE in awarding the prize. The winning team would need to be interdisciplinary, with at least one member from the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (FAES) holding a substantial role in the team. The prize will be awarded to a team in the McGill Dobson Cup.
Avmor Prize for Social Responsibility
Established by Avi Morrow, founder and Chairman of Avmor, this is an annual prize for the best startup plan submitted in the McGill Dobson Cup by an undergraduate student(s) on behalf of a not-for-profit organization. Awarded by the Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship at the Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University.