Making our digital spaces accessible
At McGill we aim to create an accessible, diverse, and inclusive campus, and this includes our digital spaces. McGill University adheres to the Standard sur l'accessibilité des sites Web (SGQRI 008 2.0).
This is one way we are addressing equity at McGill and ensuring that faculty, staff and students with disabilities can rely on accessible digital resources. Accessibility is an ever evolving field and we continue to learn and implement inclusive best practices.
Links for people with disabilities
Faculty & staff
Resources for content creators
Guidelines and resources to make your content accessible.
Tools for providing accessible course content.
Best practices for building accessible applications and tools.
Create accessible content
- Make sites accessible, McGill's digital standards
- Social media accessibility guidelines, McGill Newsroom
- Video and audio accessibility
Accessibility resources from the Office of Sustainability
Is your site accessible?
- Editorially (WMS sites only)
- 7 must-have accessibility tools every website DIYer needs
McGill University websites are tested using the following technologies:
- Google Chrome WAVE Evaluation Tool, version 3.0.9
- Google Chrome WCAG Color contrast checker, version 3.5.4
- VoiceOver for macOS Catalina
The following icons are used on McGill websites:
Top of page
Open a section
Close a section
If you have difficulty navigating our websites, contact us using the following form: