Get ready to go!

Pre-departure sessions

Pre-departure Orientation is required for all students who travel internationally on University-related activities. To gain access to the course, students must register during the first week of each month, using the webform.

The orientation covers practical information related to pre-departure preparations, your time abroad, and your return to McGill. The sessions are offered entirely online via MyCourses! It remains mandatory for all students who are traveling outside of Canada for University-related international activities, including exchanges, internships, co-ops, independent study-away, field study semesters, performances, athletic competitions, courses, and research.

BITS requires proof of successful completion of the course (Certificate of Completion). The course must be successfully completed by March 31, 2024.

Medical form

Print the Physician Attestation and Immunization forms and submit them at the meet and greet.

You will be living in a tropical environment for three months. For more information on travel and tropical medicine go to the Public Health Agency of Canada's webpage.

Travel clinic options in Montreal

There are many travel clinic options available in Montreal, including:

The Pre-Travel and Vaccination Clinic, located at the McGill University Health Centre’s (MUHC) Glen Site
Vaccination Clinic, Local D02.3312, Room 27
1001 Décarie Blvd, Montreal (Québec) H4A 3J1
Phone: 514-934-8049

Clinique Sante Voyage St-Luc
1029, rue Saint-Denis, 4th floor, Montréal (Québec) H2X 3H9
Phone: 514-890-8332

Bellairs information and what to bring

Bellairs Research Institute welcomes the BITS group for the duration of your program. Please download and read the document below for your information. Additional details will be provided by the director and staff of Bellairs upon your arrival.

McGill Student Travel Registry

The mandatory McGill Student Travel Registry is the official safety app for McGill students travelling outside of the Greater Montreal area on university-related activities. The app allows McGill to keep a record of your travel dates and study destinations and to contact students in case the safety situation in the location they are visiting changes. 

Register with Global Affairs Canada

Global Affairs Canada offers a registration service for all Canadians travelling or living abroad. This service is provided so that we can contact and assist you in an emergency in a foreign country, such as a natural disaster or civil unrest, or inform you of a family emergency at home.

Back to top