Department of Bioengineering
Areas of expertise:
- Structural water and its role in the architecture and mechanical behavior of natural and engineered materials
- Pre-stress in natural materials, and its implementation in biomimetic materials
- Structure-function relationships in living organisms (animals and plants)
- 3D-imaging, and deep learning in image processing
A full list of publications can be found here
- Reznikov N, Hoac B, Buss DJ, Addison WN, Barros NMT, McKee MD. Biological stenciling of mineralization in the skeleton: Local enzymatic removal of inhibitors in the extracellular matrix. Bone, 2020 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bone.2020.115447
- Reznikov N, Alsheghri A, Piche N, Gendron M, Morozova I, Sanchez Siles JM, Gonzalez-Quevedo D, Tamimi Marino I, Song J, Tamimi Marino F. The topological blueprint of trabecular bone associates with skeletal pathology in humans. Bone Reports, 2020 12:100264.
- Reznikov N, Boughton O, Ghouse S, Blunn G, Weston A, Collinson L, Jeffers J, Cobb J, Stevens M.Individual response variations in scaffold-guided bone regeneration are determined by independent strain- and injury-induced mechanisms. Biomaterials, 2019, 194: 183-194.
- Reznikov N, Bilton M, Lari L, Stevens MM, Kroeger R. Fractal-like hierarchical organization of bone begins at the atomic level. Science, 2018, 360: eaao2189.
- Reznikov N, Phillips C, Cooke M, Garbout A, Ahmed F, Stevens MM. Functional adaptation of the calcaneus in historical foot binding. J Bone Miner Res, 2017, 32(9):1915-1925
- Reznikov N, Steele JAM, Fratzl P, Stevens MM. A materials science vision of extracellular matrix mineralization. Nature Reviews Mater, 2016:16041. doi:10.1038/natrevmats.2016.41
- Reznikov N, Chase H, Ben Zvi Y, Tarle V, Singer M, Brumfeld V, Shahar R, Weiner S. Intertrabecular angle: a new topological parameter of trabecular bone architecture in the human proximal femur. Acta Biomater, 2016; 44:65-72.
- Reznikov N, Shahar R, Weiner S. Bone hierarchical structure in three dimensions. Acta Biomater, 2014; 10:3815-3826.
- Reznikov N, Shahar R, Weiner S. Three-dimensional structure of human lamellar bone: the presence of two different materials and new insights into the hierarchical organization. Bone, 2014; 59:93-104.
- Rowan S, Chang M-L, Reznikov N, Taylor A. Disassembly of the lens fiber cell nucleus to create a clear lens: The p27 descent. Exper Eye Res, 2017; 156:72-78.
Imaging and Microscopy