Reasonable Consideration Requests
Reasonable Consideration Requests communicate aspects of a student’s accommodation plan that require your knowledge and collaboration. If you receive one of these notifications from our office, then your student has an active academic accommodation plan with Student Accessibility and Achievement and we have valid medical documentation on file.
Based on the student’s needs and approved supports, the notification email will confirm whether the student may:
- Need to be absent from courses throughout the semester for valid disability-related reasons
- Approach you to negotiate deadline extensions
- Require advanced access to course materials
- Require permission to record lectures (audio only)
- Require the use of a laptop in class
If you receive a Reasonable Consideration Request, we encourage you to:
- Start a conversation with your student to discuss what support is needed.
- Develop an agreement with your student. Agreement templates are available below. The agreement will establish expectations and responsibilities of both parties, as well as limitations.