Schulich Library of Science and Engineering
Macdonald-Stewart Library Building
809 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, Quebec H3A 0C1
- Anatomy & Cell Biology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Genetics
- Microbiology & Immunology
- Office for Students with Disabilities
- Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Responsible for the provision of a range of library and information services and collections to support teaching, learning, research taking place in the Departments of Biology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Human Genetics, Biomedical Engineering, Microbiology and Immunology, Pharmacy and Therapeutics and Physiology as well as the Centre for Bioinformatics and the Office for Students with Disabilities.
- Master of Library and Information Studies, McGill University, 2010
- Bachelor of Science (Biology), Trent University, 2005
Areas of interest
- Information literacy
- Universal Design
- Open science
- Special Libraries Association, Biomedical and Life Sciences Division (2010 to present)--currently act as Director
- Canadian Health Libraries Association, 2014 Conference Planning Committee (2012 to present)
- Canadian Library Association, Library Services to People with Print Disabilities Advisory Committee (2011 to present)
- McGill Association of University Teachers, Communications Committee (2013 to present)
- McGill University, Joint Board Senate Committee on Equity, Subcommittee on Persons with Disabilities (2012 to present)
- McGill Library Journal Club (2011 to present)--currently act as co-cordinator
Miller-Nesbitt, A. (2014). Analysis for science librarians of the 2013 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine: The work of J.E. Rothman, R.W. Schedkan, and T.C. Sudhof. Science & Technology Libraries. 33(1), 1-15.
Miller-Nesbitt, A., & Abbaspour, P. (2014). Blacker-Wood Collection in Zoology and Ornithology. In J. Tomm & R. Virr (Eds.), Meetings With Books: Special Collections in the 21st Century (pp. 142-143). Montreal, QC: McGill University Library and Archives.
Miller-Nesbitt, A., & Schreiner, M. (2013). Librarians and archivists to Palestine. Feliciter, 59(6), 32-34.
Joyce, D., & Miller-Nesbitt, A. (2013). Keep up with today's changing youth. Feliciter, 59(5), 3-4.
Miller-Nesbitt, A. (2013). CATIE: Canada's Source for HIV and Hepatitis C Information. Journal of Consumer Health On the Internet, 17(1), 95-102.
Radical Reference Montreal. (2013). Radical reference: Answers for those who question authority. Feliciter, 59(2), 12-13.
Selected talks and presentations
Morris, M., Boden, C., & Miller-Nesbitt, A. (2014). Distributed Collaborative Virtual Systematic Reviewing: A Blueprint for the Future? Lightning talks session at the Canadian Health Libraries Association Conference, Montreal, QC. June 17th-20th, 2014.
Miller-Nesbitt, A., & Beck, T. (2013). A library environment for everyone: Universal Design and libraries. Paper presented at the 7th International Evidence Based Library and Information Practice Conference, Saskatoon, SK, July 15th–18th, 2013.
Miller-Nesbitt, A. (2012). Open science: Past, present and future. All-Sciences poster session presented at the Special Libraries Association Annual Conference, Chicago, IL, July 15th–18th, 2012.
Miller-Nesbitt, A. (2012). Applying universal design to information literacy. Poster session and presentation presented at the Workshop for Instruction in Library Use Annual Conference, Edmonton, AB, May 23rd – 25th, 2012.
Miller-Nesbitt, A. (2012). Open science: Past, present and future. Conference presentation at the 80th L’Association des Bibliothecaires du Quebec / Quebec Library Association Annual Conference, Montreal, QC, May 3rd 2012.
Miller-Nesbitt, A. (2010). Library services for people with learning disabilities. Poster session and presentation at the 8th Annual Poster Forum, Concordia University, Montreal, QC, May 4th 2010.