Quick Links

Law collection policy

Law collection policy

History of the Collection:

McGill’s Law Library began in the middle of the 19th Century as a limited holding of law books assembled to support legal instruction at the Faculty of Law. This holding became a proper law library in 1882 when Judge Robert MacKay donated of his vast collection of law books, focused on Civil law, to McGill University. Throughout the past century and a half, the library has supported the teaching and research of Law at McGill.

Questions? Ask Us!    Email  •  Chat  •  Phone            Send feedback