|Program||NSERC Vanier CGS||SSHRC Vanier CGS||CIHR Vanier CGS|
|$50,000/yr for 3 years|
|Deadline||September 26, 2014 to submit online application; contact your academic unit for deadline to submit copy of application to your unit.|
|How to Apply||Application is by Unit nomination only. Please contact your academic unit. Printed hard copy of online (ResearchNet) application and all supporting documents submitted to your unit by unit deadline. Further application information is available on the Vanier CGS website.|
|Apply to||All nominated Vanier applicants apply through McGill University. No direct applications are accepted by the agency.|
|Contact||Please contact your academic unit or consult the Vanier CGS website|
To be nominated to a Vanier Fellowship, a student must:
- have achieved high academic standings throughout all post-secondary education and hold a first-class GPA (3.7 or 3.5 in Law) in each of the last two (2) years of full-time study (all prior doctoral-level studies, regardless of discipline, will be considered in the evaluation of eligibility. The granting agencies will count two months of part-time study as one month of full-time study);
- have completed between zero (0) and twenty (20) months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2015; (in the case of students who are registered in a combined MA/PhD program or a direct-entry doctoral program, or who are accelerated from a master’s program into a doctoral program without obtaining the master’s degree, the agencies will not include the first 12 months of graduate study in the evaluation of eligibility.)
- and have demonstrated evidence of leadership;
- not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Other eligibility requirements can be found on the Vanier fellowship web site.
Note: Please allow your unit to perform GPA calculations.
Visit the agency website for information on selection criteria.
- Printed copy of online application made through ResearchNet
- Official copies of all university transcripts including Grading Key
- Two letters of reference to be submitted online by referees. Hard copies of these letters must be sent directly to the academic unit in sealed envelope or by other confidential means.
- McGill transcript ordering information