Quick Links

Currently Registered Students - B.Ed. Secondary Social Sciences

Secondary Social Sciences advising documents:

Advising documents are divided by year of entry into the program. Select the advising documents relevant to the year you entered the Secondary Social Sciences program.

Students who entered in Fall 2013

Secondary Social Sciences Program Checklist 2013-2014
Registration Plans 2013-2014:
Secondary Social Sciences Four Year Overview registration planSecondary Social Sciences Two Year Overview registration plan
Official eCalendar program entries, with course lists and descriptions:
History and Citizenship, Ethics Religious Culture
History and Citizenship, Geography

Students who entered in Fall 2012

Students who entered in Fall 2010 or prior

Academic Advisers:

Grace Wong-McAllister
Tel.: (514) 398-4527 - Email

Ryan Bouma
Tel.: (514) 398-4527 - Email

Frequently Asked Questions:

Where can I find help on how to use Minerva to register for courses?

Step by step instructions and a tutorial video can be found on this website. In addition, the Education Student Affairs Office is available to help you with registration difficulties.

I've written an English exit exam already, do I need to register for EDEC 215?

Yes, the provincial governement requires that all students in teacher education programs demonstrate their proficiency in the language of instruction.  More information can be found here.

When do I need to start registering for courses?

Registration for courses for newly admitted students begins in June and ends a couple weeks after classes in the semester begin.  A complete list of registration start and end dates can be found here.

What should I do if I'm having trouble registering for a course?

If you are getting an error such as 'program restriction' or 'reserve closed' when attempting to register for a course, first ensure that you are selecting the section designated for your program (if applicable: see the notes under the course in class schedule search on Minerva).  If you are still having trouble, contact the department offering the course (Educational and Counselling Psychology for EDPE and EDPI courses, Linguistics for LING courses, English for ENGL courses, etc.).  The calendar entry for the course will indicate the offering department.

If I am interested in taking French courses, where do I go to take the French Placement Test?

Information about French courses and the French Placement Test can be found on the French Language Centre website.

Program information is organized for three distinct groups:

Prospective Students   Newly Admitted   Currently Registered