Your CV and cover letter are crucial documents in that they usually determine whether or not you will be invited for an interview. As such, they must showcase your most impressive skills and accomplishments. Therefore it is extremely important to tailor your CV and cover letter to the position you are targeting so employers know how your skills meet their needs.
C.V. and Cover Letter Review
CaPS offers a daily CV Drop In as well as workshops on C.V. writing and cover letter practice. You may also schedule an appointment to have your CV or cover letter reviewed by a career advisor at 514-398-3304.
Guides & Podcasts
Consult the handouts/podcasts for writing a successful CV/résumé & cover letter.
- McGill CaPS - CV & Cover Letter Writing Guides: How to Guide
- Action Verbs: Action Verbs / Verbs d'Action (by Category)
- French CV & Cover Letter Samples:
Books available at CaPS
Our centre also offers students a wide variety of resources including books containing CV/résumé and cover letter samples in both English and French. Popular book titles available at CaPS:
- Best Canadian Cover Letters & Résumés
- Cover Letter & Résumé Magic
- Gallery of Best Cover Letters & Resumes
- Expert Resumes for...book series
Books available in the McGill Library
- Cover Letter: Books & E-Books
- Résumé/CV: Books & E-Books
- French CV & Cover Letter: Books
- More samples: Recommended Websites
C.V. and Cover Letter Translation
If you need any assistance in translating your C.V. or cover letter from English to French or vice versa, please contact the following agencies.
- YES Montreal (Note: A fee is required).