C.V. and Cover Letter
Your CV and cover letter are crucial documents in that they usually determine whether or not you will be invited for an interview. As such, they must showcase your most impressive skills and accomplishments. Therefore it is extremely important to tailor your CV and cover letter to the position you are targeting so employers know how your skills meet their needs.
Guides & Podcasts
Consult the handouts/podcasts for writing a successful CV/résumé & cover letter.
- McGillCaPS - CV & Cover Letter Writing Guides: How to Guide
- McGillCaPS - YouTube: How to Write a Cover Letter
- McGillCaPS - YouTube: How to Write an Effective CV
- French CV & Cover Letter Samples: C.V. ciblé | C.V. non-ciblé | Verbs d'Action | Action Verbs / Verbs d'Action (by Category) | Lettre de présentation | Guide de rédation | Les règles du bon CV (HEC Paris) | CV et lettre de motivation (UQAM)
Books available at CaPS
Our centre also offers students a wide variety of resources including books containing CV/résumé and cover letter samples in both English and French. Popular book series available at CaPS:
Cover Letter & Résumé Magic
Gallery of Best Cover Letters & Resumes
Expert Resumes for... Engineers, health care professionals, teachers & educators, computer & web jobs, and career changers
More Books & Websites
- Cover Letter: Books & E-Books
- Résumé/CV: Books & E-Books
- French CV & Cover Letter: Books (Available in the McGill Library)
- Recommended Websites - Websites with sample resumes/cover letters.
CaPS also offers CV Writing and Cover Letter Practice workshops, as well as a daily CV Drop In.
You may also schedule an appointment to have your CV or cover letter reviewed by a career advisor at 514-398-3304.