The hall is located southwest of McGill's downtown campus close to the Atwater Market, where fresh produce, baked goods, dairy and meat items are available, and to the beautiful Lachine Canal, which is perfect for walking, cycling, rollerblading or relaxing. Most students choose to purchase a monthly Metro/bus pass, which covers the daily 4-stop subway commute from Solin to the main campus.
A former chocolate factory, Solin Hall was renovated for student living in 1990. Solin Hall is the ideal choice for the student who desires the experience of living in a university residence but is also prepared to explore the exciting possibilities of living on one's own.
New for 2023! Rent includes the cost of laundry facilities
Lease is for a period of 10 months from September to June.
- no-charge laundry facilities
- hot water
- Apartment style housing with kitchen, living room, dining room and bathroom. The building has a computer lab, TV lounge, study room, and a games room (pool table, piano and arcade games). Apartments have spacious interiors, high ceilings and oversized windows that flood with plenty of natural light.
- There is a total of 105 apartments housing 280 students in studio units, double rooms and 2, 3, 4 bedroom apartments.
- Apartments are furnished with Twin size bed and mattress (some may be loft beds), desk, dresser, bookshelf, lamp, drapery. Kitchens and living areas have a refrigerator, stove, dining table and chairs, sofa, lamp, and drapery.
- Although Solin Hall allows students to shop and cook for themselves, students assigned to Solin Hall will automatically have the oneCard account on their McGill ID, with a base amount of $500.
- Locked entrance with intercom, and night stewards.
- New for Fall 2023: On-site laundry facilities included in the rent. The use of washers and dryers in the residence buildings are available 24/7 at no additional charge.
- On-site maintenance staff, storage, underground parking available (extra fee).
Photos & Tour