The McGill School of Information Studies takes great pride in its graduates. We are committed to celebrating your acheivements, keeping you up-to-date on our latest developments, and helping you to keep connected with the School and with each other.
Save the date for Homecoming 2016!
McGill Homecoming 2016 will be held Oct. 27-30, 2016. The School's 2016 Alumni Reception will be held Friday October 28, 2016. Mark your calendars!
Alumni and former staff of the School of Information Studies (formerly known as the Graduate School of Library and Information Studies, Graduate School of Library Science, and Library School) are welcome to this informal wine and cheese reception (3661 Peel, room 106).. There is no charge, but we ask you to confirm your attendance by October 14, 2015 by email sis [at] mcgill [dot] ca or phone 514 398-6387. Please provide your name and year of graduation. If you can’t attend but would like to share news for the School’s next alumni newsletter, we invite you to submit your updates through the SIS online news form or email us at sis [at] mcgill [dot] ca. We look forward to seeing you.
The SIS newsletter features news and achievements of our alumni, faculty, staff, students, and student groups and highlights the latest developments at the School.
Take advantage of alumni benefits
Take advantage of services and benefits such as the McGill Alumni Online Community, career services, and library services.
Keep in touch!
There are many ways to stay connected with the School and your fellow alumni
It's easy to stay in touch - here's how
- Attend McGill Homecoming and other events. Read more about events here.
- Send us an alumni news update. Submit alumni news using the alumni news form or sis [at] mcgill [dot] ca (email us).
- Keep your contact details up to date on McGill's Alumni Profile page. It's important to register and update your record so you can continue to receive communications from the School.
- Connect on social media. Check out our SIS social networks.
- Find SIS alumni through the McGill Alumni Online Community's Alumni Search and through the McGill and SIS LinkedIn pages. You can also join the unofficial, alumni-run SIS LinkedIn group here.
- An employer. Ready to hire? Posting jobs on our SIS-Jobs Listserv ensures they are seen by graduating students and other alumni. Find more information for employers here.
- A Practicum supervisor. Maintain a connection with the School by supervising bright, up-and-coming information professionals through our Practicum program. Learn more.
- A donor. Learn more.
See photos from our McGill Homecoming 2015 event
Gifts from our alumni and friends provide valuable support for scholarships and student aid, equipment and infrastructure, and research projects and program development.
However you choose to support the School, and at whatever level, your generosity is both essential and truly appreciated. With your help we can continue to offer our students the support they need to make their own mark on history. Every gift counts!