McGill’s Equity Office – Here you will find initiatives and education for McGill students, faculty, and staff, information on available support, and links to internal and external resources. Resources include:
- General anti-racism resources
- Resources to confront anti-Asian racism
- Resources to confront anti-Black racism
- COVID-19 best practices for equitable and inclusive student-centered learning
- Disability and accessibility resources
- Family support resources
- Gender & sexuality resources
- Harassment, discrimination, & sexual violence resources
- Indigenous support
- Physical & mental health resources
- Race & cultural diversity resources
- Academic programs and research centres & institutes
For students: Our Shared Spaces provides McGill students with remote equity workshops.
Equity Related Policies and Reports (hosted by McGill’s Equity Office)
Reach out to McGill's Office for Mediation and Reporting (OMR) to file a formal report of discrimination, harassment, or sexual violence; learn about policies and processes; or be connected to additional supports.
Want to learn more? Explore some of the resources below for data, recommendations, and more.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science 2014. From College to Careers: Fostering Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in STEM, B. S. Duerstock, C. A. Shingledecker, Eds. (Science/AAAS, Washington, DC). https://www.science.org/do/10.1126/resource.2375783/full/FromCollegetoCareers.pdf
- Canadian Association of College & University Student Services 2021. Working Towards Inclusion: Equitable Practices for Hiring Student Staff and New Professionals. Toronto, Canada: CACUSS. https://www.cacuss.ca/files/Resources/P15_Working%20Towards%20Inclusion%20(final_2021).pdf
- Council of Canadian Academies 2012. Strengthening Canada’s Research Capacity: The Gender Dimension. Prepared by The Expert Panel on Women in University Research. Ottawa, Canada: Council of Canadian Academies. https://cca-reports.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/wur_fullreporten.pdf.pdf
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine 2018. Sexual Harassment of Women: Climate, Culture, and Consequences in Academic Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. https://doi.org/10.17226/24994.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine 2020. The Impacts of Racism and Bias on Black People Pursuing Careers in Science, Engineering, and Medicine: Proceedings of a Workshop. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. https://doi.org/10.17226/25849.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine 2021. Transforming Trajectories for Women of Color in Tech. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. https://doi.org/10.17226/26345.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine 2022. Educational Pathways for Black Students in Science, Engineering, and Medicine: Exploring Barriers and Possible Interventions: Proceedings of a Workshop. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. https://doi.org/10.17226/26391.