To make a request for services, please contact the Centre directly by email at clinic.psychology [at] mcgill.ca.
Please Note: We are currently accepting client requests for individual psychotherapy
- Requests for service can be made by the individual. In the event that a request is made on behalf of another person, the individual obtaining services will be required to provide informed consent for services.
- Emails to the clinic should state the type of service being requested and provide contact information. Individuals should provide a daytime phone number and specify whether clinic personnel may leave a message at the phone number(s) provided.
- After receiving an email request for service, the individual will be contacted by the Centre Director or one of our student therapists to perform a brief screening interview and determine whether the clinic’s resources are suited to the client’s request.
- Once the request for service has been made, potential clients will be placed on the waiting list. Occasionally, the waiting list reaches its limit and we suspend additional requests from prospective clients. In these cases, if services are urgently required, we are usually able to provide referrals or recommendations. When a client requires services that are not available in the Centre, a referral to an appropriate service is usually made.
- When services are available, potential clients will be contacted by of one our trainees to schedule an intake appointment. Please note that the wait time between initial contact and the first appointment can sometimes be lengthy, depending on the time of year and availability of therapists.