Imaging and Molecular Biology Platform Guidelines
- Every user must be trained by facility staff, not by other users.
- Access to instruments and online booking system will be provided after appropriate training.
- All trained users must use the on line booking system to schedule, cancel or modify a reservation. In addition, usage time must be recorded in logbooks for each instrument.
- The facility laboratory areas will be unlocked during the time of the reservation, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. After-hours access may be provided upon request.
- The facility staff is available for technical assistance when required.
- Instrument manuals are available for consultation.
- The platform personnel should be notified about any problem, damage to the instruments, accident, comment or suggestion. Users should not attempt to fix the instruments themselves.
- Users should provide all the reagents or supplies needed to perform the experiments. Some reagents, supplies or accessories might be available and provided by the facility; their cost will be added to the invoice.
- Laboratories using instruments of the facility must be registered, including account information (default FOAPAL, can be changed after billing). Billing will be done monthly.
- McGill Laboratory safety and waste management regulations must be followed when using the facilities.
- Please acknowledge the platform in your manuscript. A suggestion for such an acknowledgement would be: “Data acquisition (specify) was performed in the McGill University Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics Imaging and Molecular Biology Platform Research Facility. Purchase of equipment in this facility was made possible with funding from the Canadian Foundation for Innovation (CFI) and the Ministère du Développement économique, innovation et exportation Québec (MDEIE).”
Back to top