Oxana Kapoustina, RN, Faculty Lecturer
680 Sherbrooke Street West Montreal, QC, H3A 2M7
amelie.samson [at] mcgill.ca
Oxana Kapoustina is a Faculty Lecturer at McGill University’s Ingram School of Nursing. She teaches in both the Graduate and Undergraduate programs and is involved in developing the Critical Care Nursing courses within the new Inquiry-Based Learning curriculum.
Prior to this appointment, Oxana worked as a nurse clinician at McGill University Health Centre’s Emergency Department (Glen campus) where she was actively involved in educational and nursing orientation activities. She continues to practice in the Emergency Department and holds CNA certification in Emergency Nursing.
Oxana completed her undergraduate degree at McGill University. Thereafter, she obtained a Master of Science degree in Biochemistry and completed the Master of Science (Applied) in Nursing.
Areas of interest:
- Emergency nursing
- Holistic care of family and patient in the emergency department
- Stress and coping mechanisms of critical care nurses
- Mindfulness and its application to nursing care
- Pain assessment and management
- Nursing leadership in the workplace