Microaggressions in the Workplace
Offered by the Equity Team, Office of the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic)
This workshop supports staff in developing a greater understanding of what microaggressions are, the ways people are impacted, and how we can co-create environments that better support and include all team members.
At end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify and differentiate between different types of microaggressions
- Examine the link between microaggressions and systems of oppression
- Recognize the complexity, nuance and impacts of microaggressions
- Consider how to foster work environments which minimize microaggressions taking place
Please note: This workshop is designed as part of a series. Part 1 is Microaggressions in the Workplace and Part 2 is Microinterventions in the Workplace. We strongly recommend that participants complete Part 1 prior to participating in Part 2.
- Access Minerva.
- In the Employee Menu, click on Training Menu, select Organizational Development, and follow the instructions to register