Disclosing A Disability
Offered by the Equity Team, Office of the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic)
This workshop is designed to provide participants with tools and resources for promoting inclusion and understanding, specifically related to disclosing a disability. By engaging in a variety of activities and discussions, participants will gain a deeper understanding of their own positionality and how it affects their interactions with others. They will also learn about relevant laws and policies related to disability disclosure, as well as best practices for promoting inclusion and understanding. By the end of the workshop, participants will be equipped with actionable steps they can take to create a more inclusive and accommodating environment for all.
Participants will also:
- Learn how to effectively communicate within a context that may lead to a disclosure and/or accommodation requests
- Develop effective strategies for disclosing disabilities
- Develop strategies for creating an inclusive culture
- Understand how to identify and address barriers and discrimination
- Access Minerva.
- In the Employee Menu, click on Training Menu, select Organizational Development, and follow the instructions to register.