Course Lecturer Positions Available
The McGill Writing Centre is inviting applications for course lecturers to teach the Fall 2023 undergraduate and graduate courses that are posted during the June 1 to15, 2023 period.
Applications for postings must be submitted in Workday.
If you have an active contract at McGill, please apply as an internal candidate. To do so:
1) connect to the McGill VPN;
2) log into Workday with your McGill credentials;
3) click on ‘Menu’ (top left corner) > 'Career' > 'Find Jobs';
4) search "MWC” or “McGill Writing Centre";
5) open the posting you want (undergraduate or graduate courses) and click ‘Apply’.
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for Internal Candidates) job aid for further instructions.
If you are not currently employed at McGill, please apply as an external candidate with a non-McGill email address. Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for further instructions.
Here are the EXTERNAL* links to the MWC course postings for this June 1-15, 2023 posting period:
- EXTERNAL LINK TO SUBMIT UNDERGRADUATE COURSE APPLICATION IN WORKDAY for Fall 2023 June 1-15 Undergraduate Courses
- EXTERNAL LINK TO SUBMIT GRADUATE COURSE APPLICATION IN WORKDAY Fall 2023 June 1-15 Graduate Courses
*Using the above links will force you to apply as external (which is fine even if you are internal). If you apply as external you must use a non-McGill email to log in.
If you wish to be considered for both undergraduate and graduate courses posted during this posting period, you must submit applications to both Workday postings.
To apply, please do the following:
- Prepare a document with a rank-ordered list of ALL the sections you are applying to teach that combines both undergraduate and graduate courses ranked in your order of preference. You should also indicate whether or not you’ve taught this course before. Have your list ready before starting the application process.
- When you are ready to submit your application(s) in Workday, go to the posting and click ‘Apply’. At the section, “Select the maximum number of courses you are applying for in the Fall term”, choose the maximum number of undergraduate OR graduate courses (according to which application you’re in) you would want to teach.
- In the section “Enter the courses you are apply for in order of preference…” please copy and paste the information you’ve prepared that COMBINES the undergraduate and graduate sections in one rank-ordered list.
In addition to completing the required fields of your application in Workday, you will also need to upload the following documents; do so in the field where you upload your CV (more than one document can be uploaded):
-Your updated CV [REQUIRED]
-Brief cover letter (if you are applying to teach a course you have not taught before or for which you have not previously received Teaching Qualification Requirement recognition) [IF APPLICABLE]
-Copy of your valid work permit [IF APPLICABLE]
Current room locations in Minerva are subject to change from Class Scheduling.