Welcome to the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life! (MORSL)
The McGill Office of Religious and Spiritual Life (formerly Chaplaincy) is your religious and spiritual place on campus. We encourage students to carve out time during their busy university careers for spiritual exploration, religious community, and inner wellness. We are dedicated to raising religious literacy around both traditional world religions and newer religious movements. We offer support to students of any religious identity or no particular religious identity who wish to find meaning beyond academics and to form healthy life habits that invite spiritual well-being, inner peace, and that equip them to live harmoniously in a pluralistic society.
Our drop-in centre is a religion-and-spirituality positive space where students can expect an environment of mutual acceptance and respectful dialogue.
Our multi-faith team of faith volunteers helps connect students with their existing faith communities both on and off campus. If you are a Mac student who would like to see an event or service offered near you, please morsl [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Mac%20campus%20services) (let us know)!
Grounded in the principles of inclusion and the celebration of diversity, we are committed to:
- assisting individuals or groups in achieving spiritual growth and personal maturity within a university environment without proselytizing or coercion;
- respecting the integrity of different religious traditions and the encouragement of others to do likewise;
- respecting those without religion;
- working cooperatively to encourage an ethical approach to common concerns;
- providing resources for spiritual well-being and overall student wellness;
- working together with other student services; and
- promoting interfaith understanding.