Career Planning Advice


Your transcript provides a complete academic record of your time at McGill - this will include everything you have done here: your Med-P year, any other degrees (complete or partially completed), and any for-credit courses. It is found in the Student Records section of your Minerva account. You'll have to provide this as part of your CaRMS application.

Because CaRMS no longer accepts paper documents, you can order your e-transcript and then upload it to your CaRMS account. The turnaround time for this is fairly quick. Please refer to McGill's Student Records page for complete instructions on how to view your unofficial student transcript, as well as order a copy of your official e-transcript.

If you completed university education at another university, and the residency programs you are applying to in CaRMS request all your undergraduate and graduate university transcripts (you'll need to check CARMS program descriptions to find out), you may need to contact your other universities and order electronic copies of your official transcripts from them as well.

Applying to the US with the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)?  For any programs in ERAS that require your university transcript, obtain your transcript and email it to eras [at] with the request that it be uploaded to your ERAS account. Please email your transcript to CaRMS at least one week prior to the ERAS deadlines. Please read individual ERAS program descriptions carefully, as application deadlines and document requirements vary among programs.

Back to top