We share here our Climate and Sustainability Action Plan, which outlines the Faculty of Law’s specific needs, challenges and opportunities in meeting the objectives of McGill University’s Vision 2020 Sustainability Strategy.
The Plan is the result of a collaboration between the Faculty’s Sustainability Committee and McGill’s Office of Sustainability. It is based on community consultations held during the academic year 2018-2019. It defines and details seven key action points, which focus on areas over which the Faculty has direct control:
- Educate the community on how to reduce our ecological footprint
- Improve the sustainability of events hosted by and at the Faculty
- Reduce air travel emissions
- Decrease the amount of paper printed at the faculty
- Pursue funding opportunities to purchase recycling bins for all classrooms and kitchens
- Encourage management staff and supervisors to incorporate sustainability objectives into performance dialogues where appropriate
- Establish lines of communication between the Sustainability Committee and other committees and units within the Faculty to create new partnerships
The Action Plan will be reviewed regularly with a view to updating it periodically to align with current campus initiatives. We will post annual progress reports on this page as well.