The Internships & Student Affairs Office (ISA) in the Faculty of Education is responsible for the planning and implementation of the practice teaching component of undergraduate (B.Ed.) and graduate (MATL) Teacher Education programs, general and career advising, and undergraduate student affairs and records. At McGill, ISA works closely with students, departments, and other faculties, as well as externally in close partnership with schools, boards, and the larger community.
- To communicate clear, consistent and accurate information and assistance in a friendly and professional manner to students, staff, faculty, school and/or field and community partners, and the general public.
- To ensure the consistent application of University and Faculty policies and procedures that affect student life and internships.
- To prepare students to be self-reliant and professionally ready.
- To facilitate the functioning of the Faculty's and McGill's administrative system by working with departments and with other units, such as faculties, Enrolment Services, Student Services and Information Systems and Resources.
- To work collaboratively within the Faculty and with school and community partners to design and offer, consistent with international best practices and provincial accreditation standards:
- practice teaching experiences that support students in their development of the 12 Professional Competencies (Ministry of Education, 2001);
- timely and responsive professional development workshops for mentors of students teachers