See more about Research Day.
HBHL's annual Research Day is designed to showcase the research of trainees (graduate students and postdoctoral fellows) who are working in areas related to HBHL's goals and priorities.
Presentations will be given by HBHL Fellows as well as trainee representatives from partnering institutions: BrainsCAN/Western University and IVADO. The event will also include two keynote presentations by world-leading experts in the field of neuroscience. Online, interactive Q&A with presenters will be available. All trainees, faculty and staff with an interest in brain health are encouraged to attend.
Research Day is organized by the HBHL Trainee Committee. For more information about Research Day, please hbhl.trainees [at] mcgill.ca (contact the HBHL Trainee Committee).
Day 1 (preliminary schedule)
- 1:00 p.m.: Opening remarks (TBD)
- 1:10 p.m.: Oral Presentations - Session 1
- 2:00 p.m.: Industry Talks (Noha Gerges, Mitacs)
- 2:15 p.m.: Flash talk viewing
- 3:15 p.m.: Oral Presentations - Session 2
- 3:50 p.m.: Industry Talks (Genome Quebec)
- 4:00 p.m.: Keynote presentation: Dr. Douglas Munoz, Queen’s University
- 5:00 p.m.: Closing Remarks (Krystle van Hoof, Managing Director and CEO at Healthy Brains, Healthy Lives)
Day 2 (preliminary schedule)
- 9:00 a.m.: Opening remarks (Dr. Anne McKinney, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University and Chair of Brain @McGill)
- 9:10 a.m.: Oral Presentations - Session 1
- 10:00 a.m.: Industry Talks (NeuroSphere)
- 10:15 a.m.: Flash talk viewing
- 11:15 a.m.: Oral Presentations - Session 2
- 11:50 a.m.: Industry Talks (IC Axon)
- 12:00 p.m.: Keynote presentation: Dr. Pia Wintermark, McGill University
- 1:00 p.m.: Best Presentation Awards and door prizes, Closing Remarks (Dr. Alan Evans, Scientific Director, Healthy Brains, Healthy Lives)
- Canada First Research Excellence Fund (CFREF)
- Ministère de l'Économie et de l'Innovation (MEI)
- Fonds de recherche du Québec (FRQS, FRQSC and FRQNT)
- Genome Québec
- IC Axon
- Lallemand Health Solution