In choosing McGill, you’ll join a distinguished community of nearly 9,000 graduate students and postdoctoral scholars from across the globe, making connections that will last a lifetime.
Here, you’ll study with some of the world’s most prominent teachers, researchers and scholars, in both disciplinary and interdisciplinary settings.
Our esteemed alumni, which number more than 200,000, include heads of state, Nobel Prize recipients, astronauts, doctors, Oscar winners, Grammy winners, entrepreneurs and a wide variety of innovators in a multitude of fields. Dozens of alumni have been appointed to the Order of Canada, the nation’s highest honour. These men and women speak to McGill’s power to equip its students for success. Our tradition of excellence gives you a solid foundation upon which you can make history.
Graduate students, postdoctoral scholars and faculty members are united by a profound sense of purpose, creating a supportive community of colleagues that nurtures innovative and effective collaborations.
Support from faculty members, motivation from your peers, and inspiration from preeminent guest speakers and conferences will all help you to reach your full potential.
From your first day at McGill, you'll quickly realize you're among like-minded people: enthusiastic, motivated, and possessing a strong desire to make a difference in the world through research and scholarship. For this reason, McGill is often described as an egalitarian community of scholars.
Services for graduate students
McGill in the community is a community resource with over 160 public events, attractions, and aid programs. This is a great place to start looking for ways to connect with your community.
McGill offers a full range of student services and resources to support your life, learning, personal and academic achievement. We offer you the opportunity and flexibility of services in a variety of areas related to your educational and personal pursuits.
Explore the wide variety of facilities, amenities, services and resources that McGill has to offer:
Academic and career
- Career Planning Service (CAPS)
- SKILLSETS: Professional Development for Graduate Students
- Commissioner for Oaths - Commissaire à l'assermentation (certification of documents service)
- English and French Language Courses
- Teaching and Learning Services
- Tutorial Service Employment Opportunities
- Work Study Program
- Writing in Graduate School
Health and wellness
- Health Insurance
- Dental Clinic
- General Health
- Shag Shop
- Sexual Assault Centre of McGill Students (SACOMSS)
International student services
- Association of Graduate Students Employed at McGill (AGSEM)
- Campus Public Safety
- Computer Store
- First Peoples' House
- First-Year Office
- Mature and Re-entry Student Services
- McGill Association of Postdoctoral Fellows
- McGill Le James Bookstore
- McGill Student Parents
- McGill Sustainability
- Office for Students with Disabilities
- Post Graduate Students’ Society (PGSS)
- Student Aid
- The Welcome Centre