Postdocs should explore the wide variety of facilities, amenities, services and resources that McGill has to offer by visiting McGill's student resources and services directory.
- Postdocs have the same rights as those granted to all McGill students in the University Policies and Regulations.
- Postdocs have access to the services provided by the Ombudsperson.
- Leave of absence & vacation policy
- The Graduate and Postdoctoral e-calendar provides details on the extensive research and study resources available at McGill, including libraries, archives, and several museums and research labs.
- Postdocs are granted a number of benefits as members of the Post-Graduate Students’ Society, including supplementary health and dental care.
- Postdocs are eligible for membership in the Faculty Club; an annual fee will be charged for this membership.
- As a rule, postdocs who are Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents are permitted to take courses as part-time students or as special students in non-degree granting programs. Admission to such courses should be sought by submitting application documents directly to the appropriate programs. Tuition fees will be charged.
- Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents and International Postdocs may enroll in written and spoken English and French courses offered by the School of Continuing Studies. Tuition fees will be charged.
- SKILLSETS offers interdisciplinary and interactive professional development workshops to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Postdocs are entitled to participate in staff development seminars offered by Teaching and Learning Services. They will be accommodated free of charge for courses that are open to faculty members.
- The McGill Career Planning Service (CaPS) assists students in their career development and search for jobs and internships. In addition to regular programs and resources, CaPS offers specialized services for postdoctoral fellows, including workshops.
- Postdocs may be listed in the McGill directory. IT Services will grant postdocs e-mail privileges on the same basis as graduate students upon presentation of an I.D. card.
- Postdocs are granted access to athletic facilities upon presentation of their I.D. card. A “staff” fee will be charged on an annual or term basis.
- Student Health Services are available to postdocs (with the exception of unionized postdoc researchers) on an opt-in basis. Fees are applicable.