The McGill Methodological Development Platform of the Quebec SUPPORT Unit has begun its work! The platform is housed in the McGill University Department of Family Medicine. Under the interim direction of Dr. Tibor Schuster (Family Medicine) and associate direction of Dr. Elham Rahme (Medicine), the role of this platform is to respond to researchers’ needs regarding advanced methodological approaches and techniques for planning, conducting and assessing Patient Oriented Research (POR).
To this end, the platform has four functions:
• Information surveillance of POR methods and methodological trends
• Adaptation of pertinent POR methods
• Creation of new POR methods when no relevant method exists
• POR instrumentation design
The platform will begin with four rapid methodological developments (showcase):
• Guidelines for planning, implementing and evaluating participatory POR with health organizations
• Guidance for mixing qualitative and quantitative POR data and results
• A decision aid for choosing a critical appraisal tool for systematic literature reviews of POR studies
• Statistical analysis techniques for correcting biases caused by classification errors and missing data in POR
The platform will mobilise and collaborate with methodological experts from the scientific communities in Quebec, Canada, and internationally.
To speak with the team about your methodological needs, contact the platform coordinator: paula.bush [at] mcgill.ca (Paula Bush), PhD, Department of Family Medicine.
For more information, please consult https://soutiensrapmetho.ca/.
Dr. Tibor Schuster Dr. Elham Rahme Dr. Paula Bush
Interim Director Associate Director Coordinator