- Carefully read and abide by all rules and regulations related to the purchase and serving of alcohol.
- Submit all requests for alcohol-related events online.
- In academic buildings, conditional on approval by the Building Director, events may be held from: 12:00 - 14:00 and 16:00 - 22:30.
Should an event extend beyond the normal building closing hours, arrangements must be made with Facilities Management - Building Services (local 4558) for porter /cleaner services where required. This service shall be at the cost of the requestor
Alcohol cannot be served or sold after 01:30.
- The event organizer shall post the liquor permit in or at the entry of the premises where the event takes place prior to the start of the function.
- Admission to the event shall be restricted to the members and/or invited guests of the department/faculty as indicated on the permit and shall be within the stated capacity of the room.
- During an event, alcohol consumption shall be restricted to the room designated on the permit.
- Alcoholic beverages must be purchased through the McGill Alcohol Permits Administration office by submitting an online requisition for liquor at least 10 days prior to the event. Domestic beer must be purchased from McGill Food and Dining Services (514-398-6353).