Established in Fall 2013, the Universal Access Capital Projects Working Group (UACP-WG) oversees the approval and execution of capital projects that enhance campus accessibility. These projects are inspired by universal design principles and render McGill buildings and properties more accessible to McGill community members and visitors.
Call for Proposals
- Calls for proposals will be issued annually with a submission window of minimum 6 weeks
- Applicants can continue to submit proposals on a rolling basis, that will be reviewed at the next meeting of the UACPWG
- Applicants are requested to use the Universal Access Capital Projects Proposal Form
- Proposals must be sponsored by a Dean or senior administrator of the given unit, the Office for Students with Disabilities, or a student society
Submit a Proposal
Proposals are accepted on an ongoing basis via the Universal Access Capital Projects Proposal Form. If you have a question, or require clarification on the process, you can contact Accessibility Advisor, Rachel.desjourdy [at] mcgill.ca (subject: UACPWG) (Rachel Desjourdy).
Project Selection Criteria
In order to be eligible for funding, projects must meet the definition of a capital project. Proposals requesting funding for equipment, furniture or other non-capital expenses are not eligible. The UACPWG will evaluate the project submissions on a rolling basis.
Projects are selected for funding through the working group based on:
- Their alignment with institutional goals tied to accessibility, equity, diversity and inclusion
- The financial allocation available to the UACPWG (At present, the UACPWG has a 2M$ annual allocation for capital projects)
The UACP-WG will report annually to the Senate Committee on Physical Development, which will in turn report annually on the UACP-WG’s activities to Senate.
|Associate Provost (Equity & Academic Policies) - Chair|
|Director of Design Services (or delegate)|
|Accessibility Advisor (Office of the Provost and Vice-Principal Academic)|
|Chair of the Joint Board-Senate Committee on Equity, Subcommittee on Person with Disabilities|
|Director of the Office for Students with Disabilities (or delegate)|
|Senior Advisor Disability Management in Human Resources (or delegate)|
|2 Members at large (one faculty and one member of admin and support staff)|